Thread: Images on server just show path instead of displaying image

Beans

Images on server just show path instead of displaying image

Hello,

I've installed Ubuntu 10.04 and then installed LAMP for local development. I have virtual hosts setup and everything is working fine. When I load some pages not all of the images are showing up. I've copied the file path and tried to go straight to the image on the server and it just shows the file path on the page as text instead of displaying the image.

This site has just been copied from a local version to the server so I know everything works and is linked right. I've double checked the paths and filenames regardless and even deleted and pushed the images back to the server via sftp. No errors in the apache error.log that I can see for those images.

I have no clue what would be causing this problem as 90% of the images load just fine. I am pretty new to linux and all of this so if it's something simple please forgive me. Thank you for your help!

Update:
    Apparently the images will load in IE but VERY slowly. They are all scrambled and unreadable as if they are corrupt. Would sftp be doing this?
    Last edited by brad080283; May 12th, 2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: More Information