Thread: VirtualBox Guest Additions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

VirtualBox Guest Additions

I'm trying to install the Guest Additions for a VM running a guest Lucid Lynx Server. The problem I'm encountering is this:

The vboxadd-install.log for vbox says it "couldn't find the sources of your current Linux kernel" and to "Specify KERN_DIR=<directory> and run Make again."
    If your problem is solved, please don't forget to come back and post the solution.
    Also, mark the thread "Solved" (Thread Tools > Mark This Thread as Solved).
    RIP Clara

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: VirtualBox Guest Additions

Well, except the part about "X Windows", I was able to get it to install by updating my linux kernels (you have to specifically update these by installing them by name; they'll be listed as "kept back" because they require to you restart the computer). Once I restarted, I was able to install. If you still have trouble, try reading this thread:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28955

My next question: Is there a way to get Guest Additions that allow copying+pasting to a guest Ubuntu Server???
    If your problem is solved, please don't forget to come back and post the solution.
    RIP Clara

Beans

So are you copying from the guest or pasting to the guest? I would assume that pasting to the guest would already be transparent, but copying from the guest may be a different issue. If the guest additions don't enable that, you could use something like ix.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I'm trying to paste to the Guest (Ubuntu Server) machine, but it still won't work.

Does someone know if this is possible or not?
    RIP Clara

Beans

You're using shift+insert, right?