Thread: Open Terminal in Current Directory

Beans

Question Open Terminal in Current Directory

Anyone know of anything with a button for the File Browser that will open a terminal in the current directory?
    Sounds simple enough, sure there's something around for it.
    Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Open Terminal in Current Directory

Quote Originally Posted by alexgeek View Post
    Anyone know of anything with a button for the File Browser that will open a terminal in the current directory?
    Sounds simple enough, sure there's something around for it.
    Cheers
    install nautilus-open-terminal from the repositories, reboot after install then right click the folder and choose open in terminal from the menu, hope this is what you want!
    Last edited by gandaran; September 19th, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Beans

That's weird, I installed it and it works great but Google Chrome deleted itself ha.
    Thanks

Beans

Google chrome can't "delete itself" for the simple reason that it has no control over it's own files once they're installed into the system directories.

If your shortcut has disappeared from Applications -> Internet, and you don't remember uninstalling it, then you should still be able to run it by pressing Alt+F2 and running 'chrome' (no quotes) or 'chromium', depending on which you have installed.
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WorMzy View Post
    Google chrome can't "delete itself" for the simple reason that it has no control over it's own files once they're installed into the system directories.

If your shortcut has disappeared from Applications -> Internet, and you don't remember uninstalling it, then you should still be able to run it by pressing Alt+F2 and running 'chrome' (no quotes) or 'chromium', depending on which you have installed.
    I tried that when it wasn't there, I re-downloaded the package (even the installer package wasn't there anymore) and reinstalled it, seems to be okay now not sure what will happen if i restart though,