Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to find a resolution if you are prevented from posting here

Beans

What to do if an admin simply refuses to answer?

What am I supposed to do if an admin is simply refusing to answer what I think are relevant questions and instead chooses to abuse his admin powers?

Reference:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=139401&page=4
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147933
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147936

Beans

Re: What to do if an admin simply refuses to answer?

Again our position has been made very clear
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ
    Again our position has been made very clear
    Again, I don't think my questions have been addressed in any way, shape or form.

But if I'm wrong here, why do you refuse to simply show me where I'm wrong?

Beans

Beans

Again, my questions are not addressed there.
    If I'm wrong and they are, please show me where exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

How to find a resolution if you are prevented from posting here

How is the resolution center supposed to work if the very same admin I have an issue with I'd like to discuss here prevents this by banning me indefinately before anyone but himself addressed the issue and now starts to delete my posts?

I'm refering to this thread here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147941

And rest assured, I only register a new user to discuss this, as it is beyond me how a resolution center is supposed to work if the one looking for a resolution is banned from posting.

Beans

The admin in question is following the rules of this forum, which were created by the owner of this forum.

We are not a free speech or legal forum. We are a technical forum, with the stated goal of providing technical support.

As a privately owned forum, posts here are not subject to a right of free speech; we have policies and guidelines for what speech is allowed, and where it is allowed. Posting is a privilege, not a right.

We have stated the policies and guidelines for posting on this forum quite clearly. No one in this forum is under any obligation to answer any question posed here.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kassetra
    The admin in question is following the rules of this forum, which were created by the owner of this forum.
    By not giving answers but instead posting irrelevant drivel again and again, by infurating people, by banning people after provoking them even if they were in the process of taking this to the resolution center and by locking threads because he's seemingly unable to answer the questions posed there?

We are not a free speech or legal forum. We are a technical forum, with the stated goal of providing technical support.

As a privately owned forum, posts here are not subject to a right of free speech; we have policies and guidelines for what speech is allowed, and where it is allowed. Posting is a privilege, not a right.
    I hope it is alright if I speak my mind freely, but this is really getting childish.

I stated again and again and again that I agree with what you said (though you should of course also take into consideration that you are the official ubuntu forums, whatever may follow from that) and this is not the issue.

What is the issue here is first that the reasons given for the forum policy in question have been legal ones. Now if you do give legal reasons and people point out that your reasoning is on shaky grounds, to put it mildly, you should address these concerns.
    Yet you showed again that you don't but instead will again and again and again repeat something that is not the issue and that nobody is disputing.

Second, as should be pretty clear from my original post, the real subject of this thread is the behaviour of Kiwinz and I don't see how your statement addresses this in any way, shape or form.
    We have stated the policies and guidelines for posting on this forum quite clearly. No one in this forum is under any obligation to answer any question posed here.
    You are of course right, however I have a hard time seeing that posting irrelevant and off topic information again and again and again just to kill a discussion on the subject, arbitrarily closing threads, arbitrarily banning users, refusing to clarify the forum policy on this matter logicaly follows from the fact that nobody is under any obligation to answer any question.

Beans

We are not prepared to place these forums at risk for our 80,000 members for very small number of members who believe they are above the rules and policies they agreed to follow when they signed up for membership.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by resolutioncenter
    By not giving answers but instead posting irrelevant drivel again and again, by infurating people, by banning people after provoking them even if they were in the process of taking this to the resolution center and by locking threads because he's seemingly unable to answer the questions posed there?

What is the issue here is first that the reasons given for the forum policy in question have been legal ones. Now if you do give legal reasons and people point out that your reasoning is on shaky grounds, to put it mildly, you should address these concerns.
    Yet you showed again that you don't but instead will again and again and again repeat something that is not the issue and that nobody is disputing.

Second, as should be pretty clear from my original post, the real subject of this thread is the behaviour of Kiwinz and I don't see how your statement addresses this in any way, shape or form.
    I have addressed the matter, as the admin was following the rules that every user registered here has agreed to abide by; KiwiNZ has followed them to the letter and the spirit. We are under no obligation to discuss the legal matters of the running of this forum. Our reasoning is neither on shaky grounds, nor will it be discussed outside of our legal counsel.

If you choose to view our policies as irrelevant drivel, that is your choice. If you choose not to follow them, we have our choices.

If, by doing our jobs, we are provoking and/or infuriating people, then they should read the policies again. It is within our policies that we reserve the right to jail/close/edit/remove any post or thread that violates our guidelines. We have guidelines in place to ensure consistency in these actions, but it is ultimately our decision after speaking with our legal counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by resolutioncenter
    You are of course right, however I have a hard time seeing that posting irrelevant and off topic information again and again and again just to kill a discussion on the subject, arbitrarily closing threads, arbitrarily banning users, refusing to clarify the forum policy on this matter logicaly follows from the fact that nobody is under any obligation to answer any question.
    We have done nothing that is arbitrary, as the guidelines clearly state what we do, when, and why. Feel free to read the staff guidelines, as they are also included in the policies.

If you wish to discuss the law-associated policies of this forum, feel free to contact ubuntugeek@ubuntuforums.org with your legal counsel's contact information to setup a phone conference with our legal advisors. You will of course be required to pay the appropriate legal fees.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast