Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to find a resolution if you are prevented from posting here

Beans

This is kindergarten

Seeing that both kassetra and kiwinz proofed beyond a reasonable doubt that they are unable to engage in any form of grown up discourse, I just wanted to declare that I give up.

You did not address one of the issues I raised, neither initially, nor in the resolution center, instead you chose to misrepresent anything I said in order to avoid confronting the issues.

To further embarrass yourselves, you also chose to make it impossible for me to reply to your false allegations, be it in private or publicly, by either banning me (and thereby making a farce of the resolution center), or by ignoring my pms.

Clearly, you have shown that you can and should not be treated as grown ups.

But you won, I give up, as playing your little kindergarten games is really a rather dull experience.

Rest assured however that I feel free to register new accounts whenever I feel the need for it and that I will behave myself according to the high standards you have set with your examples. After all, acting like a spoiled child might be fun sometimes I guess.

Reference:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147941
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147951

Beans

Re: This is kindergarten

I am very tired and while your reply deserves no response because it is hostile, I will nevertheless answer it. You were not banned, you *were* simply confined to the resolution center because your posts were out of line.

We are under no obligation of free speech, and as such, civil disobedience, the "right" to discuss illegal matters and such are not covered. You disagree that KiwiNZ followed the rules, but in the posts you state, he answered your questions and locked threads that were flamebait, as is our policy. The only problem I see from you is that he didn't answer them the way you wished, which is our prerogative. We do not have an exhaustive list of what is and is not illegal; but we do discuss every topic that we see that may be questionable - until the staff, as a whole, arrive upon a solid decision.

The ban on the user in question was not simply for stating that he thought codecs were legal, but since that is all you wish to see, it remains an unanswered question to you.

In all your actions, you seem to be wanting to provoke the administrators of this forum into a ******* match regarding legalities. Your questions have been harassing, confrontational, and demanding. We do not respond to these kinds of attitudes.

The only thing we have done "wrong" is not answer your questions in the way that you wish. We have not avoided anything in any way, and after every attempt to explain to you that we do not discuss legal matters, we have been ignored for what we say, and assailed for not answering you with what you want to hear, when you want to hear it.

It is quite clear that you do not wish for a resolution, only a confrontation.

What truly saddens me is that instead of directing your energies toward helping to rewrite laws such as the DMCA or the mind-bogglingly outdated patent system in the USA, you have chosen to attack us for having the nerve to want to keep this community out of legal entanglements.

Have you made any impact in the laws that are being used by ominous corporations to bully people into doing what they wish by harassing the staff here? Have you helped to bring light to the millions of people that do not understand that they do not have to be subject to invasive practices by software companies in the name of stopping piracy? No. You have chosen instead to call us names.

What a waste.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans

Re: How to find a resolution if you are prevented from posting here

Your issues were addressed many times in the other threads you opened under multiple accounts. Please see those for the answers.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

You were not banned, you *were* simply confined to the resolution center because your posts were out of line.
    I was banned and I was not able to post in the resolution center.

We are under no obligation of free speech, and as such, civil disobedience, the "right" to discuss illegal matters and such are not covered.
    I never said you were, but it seems my arguments, though I have repeatedly tried to make them clearer, were a little to complex for some people to grasp.

You disagree that KiwiNZ followed the rules, but in the posts you state, he answered your questions and locked threads that were flamebait, as is our policy.
    This really is silly, but seeing I have no choice, I can only repeate an other time. He clearly did not answer my questions and my posts very clearly were not flamebaits.

We do not have an exhaustive list of what is and is not illegal; but we do discuss every topic that we see that may be questionable - until the staff, as a whole, arrive upon a solid decision.
    And now could you please tell me why it took almost a day, various bans, etc., to finally get this little gem of information?

The ban on the user in question was not simply for stating that he thought codecs were legal, but since that is all you wish to see, it remains an unanswered question to you.
    If it wasn't, why did KiwiNZ refuse to tell me so? If you would kindly refer to my posts, I repeatedly asked to please show me where I was wrong. So clearly, this is not a case of me only seeing what I whish to see, I even asked and nearly begged him to correct me if I was wrong.

In all your actions, you seem to be wanting to provoke the administrators of this forum into a ******* match regarding legalities.
    Read my inital posts on the subject and you'll find that this is obviously false.

Your questions have been harassing, confrontational, and demanding. We do not respond to these kinds of attitudes.
    Again, this is simply not true.

The only thing we have done "wrong" is not answer your questions in the way that you wish.
    No, you have not answered my questions, you have arbitrarily locked threads, you banned me without any reason whatsoever, you even tried to prevent me from taking this issue to the resolution center, not to say anything about constantly misrepresenting what I said in a derogatory manner, threatening me, insulting me, etc.

We have not avoided anything in any way, and after every attempt to explain to you that we do not discuss legal matters, we have been ignored for what we say, and assailed for not answering you with what you want to hear, when you want to hear it.
    This is amazing, as I was under the impression that I originally posted in a thread that was discussing these legal matters and in which you and KiwiNZ had participated that was several pages long.
    Add to this that KiwiNZ not once told me that legal matters are not up for discussion and you'll see where the problem with you statement might be.

It is quite clear that you do not wish for a resolution, only a confrontation.
    No, it's not. That's only the way you want to see it and no matter what I did or will do, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I will convince you that you are wrong here.

What truly saddens me is that instead of directing your energies toward helping to rewrite laws such as the DMCA or the mind-bogglingly outdated patent system in the USA, you have chosen to attack us for having the nerve to want to keep this community out of legal entanglements.
    You know, what truely saddens me is that once again you attack me for something that I haven't done as I have made clear again and have the nerve to portray me as immoral at the same time. Rather disgusting.

Have you made any impact in the laws that are being used by ominous corporations to bully people into doing what they wish by harassing the staff here? Have you helped to bring light to the millions of people that do not understand that they do not have to be subject to invasive practices by software companies in the name of stopping piracy? No. You have chosen instead to call us names.
    See above and I can only repeat myself, this is disgusting.

Beans

Re: Reply

I have read and evaluated the thread and based on my findings I feel you were answered in the correct fashion. Regardless of any Local, National or International Law the forums have a set guidelines in which they operate and as it states its the guidelines its the moderators sole discretion to edit/close/remove any post. IN this case the post on 32codecs the moderator felt crossed a line and was dealt with in a manner he saw fit.

Unfortunately, your harassment towards Kassetra via PM required me to ban your account on the forums. At this time you are no longer welcome to an account here as your do not wish to follow the guidelines in which have been set.

If you wish to discuss this further in an adult fashion please feel free to email me, however I will simply not reply to childish remarks or comments as seen here.

Have a great day.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12