Thread: Redirect all outgoing emails

Beans

Redirect all outgoing emails

Hi everyone,

Here's what I'm trying to do to complete my rocking development server.

I would like all outgoing email on my Ubuntu server to be redirected to one email address (internal or external). I don't have any mail server installed yet (I'll probably use postfix unless you have another suggestion).

The reason I would like this to work is because I'm a web developer working on multiple projects. When I start working on a new project I would like to be able to test some of the forms and features in the web application (PHP) without having emails sent to the email address configured in the application. I can always change configurations but having my development server forward the emails would save me lots of trouble.

Example:
    If one of my php application sends an email to: user1@domain.com, user3@domain4.com... I would like all of them to forward to myemail@domain.com

Please let me know if this is possible. If you need any additional information feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Pat

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Redirect all outgoing emails

You could do that ussing a catch-all virtual alias for all your domains:

http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_READM...#virtual_alias
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bachstelze View Post
    You could do that ussing a catch-all virtual alias for all your domains:

http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_READM...#virtual_alias
    I'll try to experiment with this and will reply when I have an update.

Is it possible to do domain wildcard with this? The sites I'm developing are have about 2000+ users/memberships using different email addresses. It would be pain in the but inserting every domain name.

Any suggestion?

Beans

hi just thaught ill add to it ive been on ubuntu for white some time now just wondering how do I delete the ubuntu partition??? tried it and i couldd only delete the others but one of them was looked and i dont know how to unlock it
    wanted to make a new partition and install windows seven from my memory pen but it wont boot and it will go directly to the ubuntu load screen
    thanks for reading hope you reply