One of my few disappointments with the Google Chromium browser is the lack of headers and footers on printed copies. As well as my physical printer, I have printed to the CUPS Virtual PDF printer: there are no headers and footers in its output, either. I had some issues recently with the imageable area of a new physical printer so printing to PDF confirmed to me that Chromium on *buntu is producing output without headers and footers. I have had this behaviour with all versions of Chromium browser on all architectures and releases. I have not tried the browser with other distributions or OSes.

Not everyone wants headers and footer on their printed pages; I do.

What is strange is that, when I google the subject, the complaints are from people who have headers and footers and cannot remove them.

I suspect that I am using a somewhat different version of the Chromium browser from the complainers. I am using the chromium-daily build from the Launchpad ppa repositories on a Kubuntu Lucid Lynx 64-bit system. The browser is built daily from source, and I wonder if the maintainer compiles without headers and footers.

Does anyone have further information? If it is the maintainer's decision to compile without headers and footers, I can work around the problem. But it frustrates me not to understand what is going on.