Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse sensitivity problem

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Mouse sensitivity problem

I wonder if you read the man pages.....or maybe I'm not understanding your post
    mouse
    The m option controls the mouse parameters; it may be abbreviated to 'm'. The parameters for the mouse are 'acceleration' and 'threshold'. The acceleration can be specified as an integer, or as a simple fraction. The mouse, or whatever pointer the machine is connected to, will go 'acceleration' times as fast when it travels more than 'threshold' pixels in a short time. This way, the mouse can be used for precise alignment when it is moved slowly, yet it can be set to travel across the screen in a flick of the wrist when desired. One or both parameters for the m option can be omitted, but if only one is given, it will be interpreted as the acceleration. If no parameters or the flag 'default' is used, the system defaults will be set.
    Last edited by jtarin; October 2nd, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
    EasyBCD.
    PrintersDatabase
    Boot Info Script: How to
    The post above and the post below suffer from the Rashomon effect!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jtarin View Post
    I wonder if you read the man pages.....or maybe I'm not understanding your post
    Ah, ok!

So acceleration isn't actually acceleration, merely speed multiplier.

Sorry for the confusion then, I've grown accustomed to sensitivity being the multiplier and acceleration standing for - yes - acceleration of the mouse: Sensitivity controls the ds/dt (=v) and acceleration d^2s/dt^2 (= dv/dt = a) so to speak.

I have to ask though, what does the sensitivity slider do then? Is it just another name for threshold?
    Last edited by Geenimetsuri; October 2nd, 2010 at 10:28 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

If you play with the sliders you will understand. Put one high and the other low and move the mouse around the desktop. Now set them opposite and move around the desktop. Sensitivity is like drag.
    EasyBCD.
    PrintersDatabase
    Boot Info Script: How to
    The post above and the post below suffer from the Rashomon effect!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12