Thread: Pitivi Video Border

Beans

Pitivi Video Border

When I render a video into theora on Pitivi, the output file is a small video surrounded by a black border. (See screenshot)

Is there a way to make it so that I just have the video and not a forced border?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Pitivi Video Border

If you are still interested. Some of the codecs allow disabling the black border. Theora does. When you choose 'Render Project' click on the 'Modify' button (so you could change the export codec). Then at the very bottom click the 'Video Codec Settings' button. Look for the option called 'Border' and change it to 'No border'.

This doesn't always work though. Hopefully, it will be improved. I'd like to be able to switch borders off globally-- regardless of the codec.

Beans

Thanks for the reply. I believe I have tried that with no success. I will post here if I find a solution though.

Beans

Yeah I had that too at first. Turns out that you have to change the project settings before hitting the render button. Changing the project settings from the render dialog won't work. If you get black borders in the video window, you'll also get black borders in your output video.

Beans

This worked actually. They should make you do this first. :/

Beans

I still get them, I suppose I could play around with the settings to get rid of them. My real question is why have black borders in the first place?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by splicerr View Post
    Yeah I had that too at first. Turns out that you have to change the project settings before hitting the render button. Changing the project settings from the render dialog won't work. If you get black borders in the video window, you'll also get black borders in your output video.
    Gosh... thank you so much... I was trying every setting and I was getting crasy!

Please Pitivi developers, correct this simple but annoying issue.

Thanks, Pitivi is not so bad once we get used to it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, this is an old thread so it has been closed, please do not post in threads that are a year or more old, and thanks for sharing.