Thread: Evolution- Hotmail deleting my email

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Evolution- Hotmail deleting my email

Hello everybody,

I need help. I have a hotmail account and i use evolution to check my email. My problem is that when i check my email on evolution and leave my email on the inbox or place them on another folder my hotmail account deletes them...why does it do it? what do i need to do so this does not happen?

Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Evolution- Hotmail deleting my email

Quote Originally Posted by mixint27
    I need help. I have a hotmail account and i use evolution to check my email. My problem is that when i check my email on evolution and leave my email on the inbox or place them on another folder my hotmail account deletes them...why does it do it? what do i need to do so this does not happen?
    It probably is not your Hotmail account that is deleting them, it might be responding correctly to the commands it receives. When you setup evolution did you choose the option to leave a copy of the mail on server? That might be what you want to do (sometimes people do that on POP3 accounts so they can download their mail to several computers)

Does Windows Live Hotmail have IMAP, if it does you might want to consider that if you check mail from several computers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thanks. I think it worked. I dont know if IMAP is available for hotmail though.

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

The instructions from hotmail help (specific to outlook and outlook express) only give a POP option. I don't think they support IMAP.