Thread: How do you install wow on ubuntu amd 64 10.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

How do you install wow on ubuntu amd 64 10.04?

I have installed wine and play on linux. I went on the wow-europe website and got the .exe installer of wow for PC but when I click it it gives me the following error:The file '/home/erikcartman/Downloads/InstallWoW(2).exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

Can someone tell me how do I install the game? I don't have the cd-s only an account.
    Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How do you install wow on ubuntu amd 64 10.04?

Quote Originally Posted by aloprot View Post
    I have installed wine and play on linux. I went on the wow-europe website and got the .exe installer of wow for PC but when I click it it gives me the following error:The file '/home/erikcartman/Downloads/InstallWoW(2).exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

Can someone tell me how do I install the game? I don't have the cd-s only an account.
    Thanks!
    Left click on the file to highlight it. Right click and Wine Installer should present itself in the drop down list, if you have a good file. I say "good" as the (2) suggests you already have that .exe without the (2) somewhere in the same directory.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by aloprot View Post

Thanks!
    Right click, then go down to properties, then permissions, then click "Allow executing file as a program"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have the same problem.

I followed the 8.10 walk through and I'm stuck. I get a code in the terminal that reads:

fixmele:OleCreateStaticFromData (not shown), stub!
    ^^that is supposed to be a : and a o, not an emote

What am I doing wrong?

And please use simple terms, I'm new to programing (not a retard)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You will also need to make note that DirectX is heavily limited in Linux, as it was written for the Windows platform. Blizzard makes things easier by allowing the game to run in OpenGL mode. You simply have to run "wow.exe -opengl" ..........just add the obvious -opengl tag
    technical and fundamental hacker

My Security Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I am going to attempt this, I will tell you guys how it goes.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu