Thread: Problems with Kubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Unhappy Problems with Kubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04

I tried creating a live USB from the Kubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04 ISO. I booted my Asus Eeepc 901 with it and it loaded up nicely.

But a few problems exist:

Clock shows am/pm time, I cannot find a way to get it to show 24-hour time.

No wi fi working at all (although I read elsewhere what to install to fix that, but from a LIVE bootup from USB, what good is that? It should work immediately from the live USB so that I do not have to install the whole OS first or else go through various hoops each time I want to use it, especially if I am somewhere where the only way to connect to the Internet is wirelessly and it will not work.)

Also, it would not recognise any webcams. Not the built-in one nor an external USB one. Nothing happens when I plug in the webcam. There does not seem to be any software installed for webcams. I did a search using the search entry bar on the main page and it returned no results for webcams, nor for wi fi or wireless.

Overall, Kubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04 looks great but lacks functionality and is thus a bit of a dud.

What would be the best choice of netbook OS for my Asus EeePC?
    There is a fine line between genius and insanity

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Problems with Kubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04

Not sure about your other problems, but the clock is relatively easy. Open System Settings-->Region & Language-->Time (Tab)-->Time Format.