Thread: Dual monitor minimize application issues

Beans

Dual monitor minimize application issues

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 with dual monitors with a nvidia GeForce 8400GS. Everything is working fine but I have a nuisance that I can't figure out how to fix. On the primary screen on the Gnome Panel it shows all my open applications. I currently have VirtualBox, Firefox, and 3 Terminal windows open and they show up on the panel. I can minimize and maximize,etc from the panel bar. This is my issue. If I move say one of the Terminal sessions to the second monitor it disappears from the primary monitor's panel bar. If I click the hide all applications and show desktop icon there is no way for me to reopen just that terminal window that was on my second screen. I noticed this when I moved my Firefox window to the second screen and minimized everything with the show desktop icon. I could not maximize Firefox cause the application was not listed on the panel. I had to kill Firefox and relaunch. I hope I am describing this alright but if you need more details just let me know and I can try to describe anything that is cloudy a little better. I know there has to be a setting somewhere where I can change this behavior but I don't know where to look.

Beans

Re: Dual monitor minimize application issues

This may work:
    Right-click the handle of your task manager panel item.
    Select Preferences -> Window List Content -> Show windows from all workspaces

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I am having this issue in 10.04 as well, but I have made sure that the Window List is set to "Show windows from all workspaces." Still, whenever I drag a window to the second screen, it disappears from the window list. Any ideas??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thank you for sharing. Everyone’s questions are important and answers are valuable.

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Thread closed