Thread: vst plugins

Beans

Angry vst plugins

Hello,
    I installed vst plugins to use with Rosegarden. dssi-vst is installed, the plugins show up in the plugins menu, but when I try to launch them, Rosegarden crashes. They all worked the first time I put the .dll files in Home/user/vst, but now there's no way to make them start.
    Any idea??
    thanks

Casto

Beans

Re: vst plugins

if they work with vsthost /path to plugin/Plugin.dll
    it should work but its a hit miss lots of vst's dont work or dont save state
    also 64/32 bit seams to have a role to play here

a good test plugin cut be http://kunz.corrupt.ch/?Products:VST_TAL-Elek7ro
    its free and start in everything i have putted it in also it easy and fun to play with
    i cant remember if it saves state
    i dont know if it true but you migth need dssi-32 bit if you are running Ubuntu 64 bit

i instaled dssi and lots of other good stuff from here (he is doing a real good job)
    https://launchpad.net/~falk-t-j/+archive/lucid/

anyway i like qtractor more as it got linux vst, windows vst (dssi vst) dssi and lv2 plugins

it might be better to run plugins outside qtractor or rosegarden be-course plug ins seams to make things unstable

anyway good luck

Beans

QTractor looks like a good choice, I can make my vst's work on it! Not tested yet the audio and I need time to see how well it works.
    Now, get used to it....after 2years on Rosegarden.
    thanks

Beans

Qtractor wasn't very stable on my system, no way to set the grid in the clip edit, crashes sometimes.
    Finally I made Rosegarden to work with vst's by uninstalling dssi-vst. It semms that it isn't necessary anymore in Lucid and Rosegarden 10.xx.
    Case resolved -