Thread: Lucid x Mozilla Lightning calendar

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Angry Lucid x Mozilla Lightning calendar

Hi all,

First of all: how come mozilla lightning did not made into the repos for Lucid? My only chance is to download it from mozilla? I am using Lucid 32 bits.

So. I did it, downloaded lightning-1.0b1-tb+sm-linux.xpi and installed fine:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv: Gecko/20100423 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.4
    However, none of the calendar functions are working, calendar itself opens, but no grid lines are displayed. When I click on an invitation for an event, nothing is shown as body, no options to accept or decline, and the message is not marked as read.

How can I workaround it? I tried mozilla daily ppa but no luck, erased .thunderbird profile, no luck. What else can I try?

Thanks and best regards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marcio Merlone
    I do believe in ghosts. They never lie to me.

Re: Lucid x Mozilla Lightning calendar

Same problem: Calendar button shows in TB, but I cannot add calendars, events, or anything else... pretty useless!

I Also tried re-installing the Add-on, and even Mozilla, using both the mozilla and the repo versions... did not help!

I recently updated to 10.04 / Lucid, and started using the new Thunderbird 3. I also use the same mozilla-profile on a Windows Vista-Thunderbird install, which seems to work fine without further adjustment (except for 1-2 add-ons).

Maybe my profile is broken, making all re-installation efforts useless? All mail settings etc. are fine, but is there a calendar setting that could conflict with Windows/Linux double-users?