Thread: Need drivers for those new Kodak printers...

Beans

Need drivers for those new Kodak printers...

Can anyone make a package that supports the new Kodak printers that are so good with ink consumption? I would like a psc - scanner/printer in one kind. I would give you the model number but I am not sure. It may be a psc 5120. I am not sure, because I have not purchased it yet. I have no idea how hard it is to do this. So, if it is too much, never mind. Kodak says they will never make a Linux driver. Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Need drivers for those new Kodak printers...

check http://openprinting.org . also, fyi, its way easier to get a HP printer working in linux. and almost all HP printers are supported IMO
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by carlee View Post
    check http://openprinting.org . also, fyi, its way easier to get a HP printer working in linux. and almost all HP printers are supported IMO
    Thanks, they do have support, but not for the pcs all in one series. I will look at HP. Thanks.

Beans

Hi,

Kodak has little to no support for Linux systems. Nor do they want to support them. So don't hold your breath. And the advice to look at other printers is sound.

That said, I have my eeePC 1101HA able to connect and print wirelessly to a 5250. Thanks to a user here by the name of paulnewall. He has written a driver for the 52xx. You can find it by searching sourceforge for Kodak. Make sure you have libcupsimage2-dev installed. I have yet to try it on my desktop. Since that one is connected to a Hp.

dalee