Thread: Major X lag after a long suspend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Major X lag after a long suspend.

Hey all,

I updated one of my installs of ubuntu to 10.04 the other day, and most of the issues were fairly easy to resolve. However, one issue is still persisting, namely that whenever I suspend for long periods of time, ie an overnight suspend, and then resume there is severe system lag. Everything takes obscenely long: clicking on menus, opening files, connecting to a network, etc. Along with this the CPU usage of doing something as simple as moving a window spikes to ~80%.

I thought it was a problem with X, but even after an X restart the lag remains. The only thing that "fixes" the issue is a full reboot.

I couldn't find any recent bugs that were similar, or any posts that were similar either.

Any help/input is greatly appreciated!
    System76 Gazelle Professional (GazP6)
    Intel Core i7 2820QM, 8GB DDR3, nvidia GTX 460m, OCZ Vertex 3
    System76 Starling (star4) Netbook.
    Get Dropbox!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Major X lag after a long suspend.

Has anyone else heard of this issue? It's getting rather annoying, in addition to major cpu spikes after a suspend, the whole system will randomly freeze up to the point where I can't even drop to a tty terminal.

I don't think this is related to the original X memory leak problems that plagued the Lucid RCs, since even when I catch it before it freezes and restart X the lag persists.
    System76 Gazelle Professional (GazP6)
    Intel Core i7 2820QM, 8GB DDR3, nvidia GTX 460m, OCZ Vertex 3
    System76 Starling (star4) Netbook.
    Get Dropbox!