Thread: Joystick thinks it's a mouse..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Joystick thinks it's a mouse..

I'm aware that G&L isn't the perfect place for this but given the surge of people getting the Humble Indy Bundle these last couple days I figured someone else might have had a similar issue and solved it.

I first noticed the issue when I was playing Gish for the first time in years.
    In level 2-3 or so you need precise control as well as the ability to hit more than two keys at the same time, a luxury my wireless keyboard does not provide.
    So I plugged in my trusty Saitek and got to configuring the joystick controls... or so I thought..
    The second I hit any axis X crashed and I was back at my login screen. >.>
    Tested this with KDE (my default) and Gnome and have had the same trouble with each, leaving me to believe that X is the source of my troubles.
    The crash only occurs when a fullscreen program has focus, if there is no such program the cursor will just jump around the desktop when I hit the directional pads.

I did find a few bug reports about a similar issue but they were years old and dealt with HAL which has since become defunct.

So if any of you out there have the slightest clue how I can resolve my issue I'd greatly appreciate it. ^_^

--Aaron

Beans
    Distro

Re: Joystick thinks it's a mouse..

Bump for great justice!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have the same issue with my Logitech Wingman. Still looking for a result. I have had this in the past (long long time ago) and cannot remember how to fix, but it has made flying in Flightgear a tad tricky.
    Aerrow-"what's our best case scenario?" Stork-"I am hoping to pass out before we go splat!"
    Game-Ubuntu/BSD/others Work-XP Server-Ubuntu Mediacentre-PS3 now WITHOUT Ubuntu
    Wifes-XP Ubuntu Daughter-Vista Son1-Zenwalk (broken) Son2-too young

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Found a little post here where janagn removed the package xserver-xorg-input-joystick. I did the same and restarted the whole system and now my wingman works fine with Flightgear, just needs a recalibrate now..
    Aerrow-"what's our best case scenario?" Stork-"I am hoping to pass out before we go splat!"
    Game-Ubuntu/BSD/others Work-XP Server-Ubuntu Mediacentre-PS3 now WITHOUT Ubuntu
    Wifes-XP Ubuntu Daughter-Vista Son1-Zenwalk (broken) Son2-too young

Beans
    Distro

Sadly that package is not installed on my system.
    Thanks for tryin though.