Thread: Icons in dropdowns and customizing nautilus toolbar

Beans

Icons in dropdowns and customizing nautilus toolbar

Not sure if this is just GNOME 2.30 removing customization ability, but I can't find how to add icons to the menu dropdowns and customize the nautilus toolbar (put text below buttons, etc) in Lucid. Is this function still there?

Beans

Also the volume changing applet?

The volume changing applet is also not available. That makes me think that perhaps the install was incomplete somehow...surely the volume applet for gnome-panel isn't gone by default?

Beans

Re: Icons in dropdowns and customizing nautilus toolbar

I hate to bump but I would like an answer to these questions - I need to know if I have to reinstall.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Icons in dropdowns and customizing nautilus toolbar

I have accidentally removed the volume icon several times, I click far too fast at times. I found to get it back simply right click the gnome-panel where you want the icon to appear and left click 'add to panel' and I do believe adding 'Indicator Applet' restored it for me.
    As far as adding icons to the menu, I assume you mean the gnome menu, its under System, Preferences, Main Menu - this edits your menus.
    The text stuff is easy, its in Nautilus, Edit, Preferences, take a look around you'll find it.