Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Humble Indie Bundle!

Beans

Thumbs up The Humble Indie Bundle!

The Humble Indie Bundle ! Pay What You Want !

Wolfiregames the developers of the Lugaru that are currently working on Overgrowth have posted about The Humble Indie Bundle – Pay What You Want Program !
    Five games in the price that you decide !

All games support GNU/Linux and there is even a real time statistics about each platform contribution !
    So don’t be shy to contribute more then the minimum, think about the indies and the charities !
    Prove once again that GNU/Linux Users Pay and Buy More !

If you bought those games already, you can give them to your friends and family as a gift !

Please be aware that The Humble Indie Bundle will only last for 7 days, so don’t wait for too long !

Frictional Games reports that everybody that gets the bundle are also able to buy the remaining Penumbra games (Black Plague and Requiem) with a 75% discount (for only $5 that is)!

Basically we’re taking 5 classic indie games: World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD and Penumbra Overture and bundling them in a pay-what-you-want sale. Please remember though, we’re just humble indie developers and the more you contribute, the easier it will be for us to make awesome games in the future.

Cross-Platform: PC, Mac and Linux
    You’ve heard us mention how important it is to support Mac and Linux in addition to Windows, and for this promotion we didn’t want to leave anyone out (we owe special thanks to the amazing Ryan Gordon for helping make this possible).

No DRM
    We already echoed the philosophy which should be common knowledge among mainstream developers about why DRM doesn’t make sense. As our thanks for your participation in this humble bundle, your user-experience will not be inhibited by any DRM.

No Corporate Middle Man
    Please know that there is no distributor acting as a middle man for this promotion and taking a cut of the proceeds. Your contributions will go directly to support the developers and charities (minus payment processor fees).

Buying The Bundle Helps Charity
    By default two charities, Child’s Play and the Electronic Frontier Foundation share an equal part of the bundle proceeds with the five games. However, you can also customize how your donation will be split in step 3.

So Please Help Us Spread The Word!
    We are really excited to see how this turns out. We don’t have a marketing budget so please tell your friends about the bundle. Tweets and Facebook shares are greatly appreciated.

We also want to thank the other indie developers for being bold enough to partake in this exciting experiment with us. Aright, enough reading, GO VISIT THE SITE!
    Last edited by MaximB; May 4th, 2010 at 08:02 PM.

Beans

Humble Indie Bundle QUICK!!

http://www.gamingonlinux.info/news.php?view=21

5 great games at any price you chose and help charities!

Not much but i payed $3 (all the money left i had i might add I'm not usually a cheapskate!).

I already owned Penumbra (all 3) but for the other games it is a good deal for me!

Beans

Beans

Re: The Humble Indie Bundle !

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Well, mine is more detailed
    Plus, I had to write it on LGN , Fossunet and link to Facebook.

$3 ? that's a ripoff !

P.S
    7 hours ? for me it seems like 7 days... better recheck.

Beans

Re: The Humble Indie Bundle !

I was going for quick and easy before writing loads heh, but hey at least we are both "on the ball" for the community, good team work

Hey $3 was all i had left, better than nothing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: The Humble Indie Bundle!

Merged and sticked for a week.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Merged and sticked for a week.
    Nice one cheers!

Total at the time of post "$26,884" blimey and near enough a quarter of it is from Linux, to whoever says there is no gaming community for Linux was totally wrong, from this one thing it is around $6k from Linux, not bad eh!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Nice one cheers!

Total at the time of post "$26,884" blimey and near enough a quarter of it is from Linux, to whoever says there is no gaming community for Linux was totally wrong, from this one thing it is around $6k from Linux, not bad eh!
    The question is, are the statistics represent $ or number of people donated ?
    I would go with $ (the more logical) , but still...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

bash: ./gish: cannot execute binary file

Get this on Lucid - trawled Google for fixes, but all relate to sound errors which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Anyone?

Beans

Well after looking it's not too clear but i think i was wrong, honestly i think it is done by the amount of people not the money raised, would be interesting for them to post it though.

As that graph could be misleading, sure windows may have the most contributors but you never know Linux contributors may have paid more.

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish View Post
    bash: ./gish: cannot execute binary file

Get this on Lucid - trawled Google for fixes, but all relate to sound errors which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Anyone?
    No idea, i just double click the file and the game loads up for me. Do you have anything open playing music?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast