Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu One client for Mac and Win

Beans

Question Ubuntu One client for Mac and Win

Hi,
    I use Ubuntu as my primary OS on my desktop PC, and have another HDD in that PC with Win7 on it for games and such.

I recently needed a laptop so I ordered myself a new MBP.

Id love to be able to use Ubuntu One on all my systems, is there any chance of a client anytime soon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu One client for Mac and Win

Quote Originally Posted by Melonking View Post
    Hi,
    I use Ubuntu as my primary OS on my desktop PC, and have another HDD in that PC with Win7 on it for games and such.

I recently needed a laptop so I ordered myself a new MBP.

Id love to be able to use Ubuntu One on all my systems, is there any chance of a client anytime soon?
    Work has started on porting the Ubuntu One syncdaemon to Windows. We don't have an estimate on when we might have this ready for people to use as there is still quite a bit of work to do. We haven't done any work on a Mac client. If you or someone you know is interested in working on a port, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with the right people on the Ubuntu One team. We're always looking for people to work with on extending the platform!

Thank you,

Joshua

Beans

Well at least it will happen someday, sadly I cant get my head around coding, but if you need any graphics done for it I could help out there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Melonking View Post
    Well at least it will happen someday, sadly I cant get my head around coding, but if you need any graphics done for it I could help out there.
    I think we can always use help in multiple areas of our software, not just code. There is a shortage of help when it comes to areas of UI and documentation so we welcome contributions there.

Thanks!

Joshua

Beans

Glad to hear a Win client is in the pipes. I am currently integrating Ubuntu netbooks into our Windows network at work and would find this very handy to sync important files and documents. Until then I can continue to use DropBox but would much prefer to be using Ubuntu One. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Id love to work on a mac port!

Who should I talk to?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

hello panki,
    You can talk to the devs on weekdays between 13:00-21:00 utc on IRC, freenode network, channel #ubuntuone.

There is also the user mailing list.

Here is the Launchpad Page for Ubuntu One. There are links to the client and storage protocol code.

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu One client for Mac and Win

Hi,

I was actually looking for the same thing. While we wait for Ubuntu One to be available across platforms... you can use Dropbox which gives you a good 2 GB free of sharing space which is considerably less then the 5 UbOne and does not have all the goodies of sharing contacts and others but does its trick fairly well.

www.dropbox.com

Dropbox works perfect in OSX, Ubuntu and Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by joshuahoover View Post
    We haven't done any work on a Mac client. If you or someone you know is interested in working on a port, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with the right people on the Ubuntu One team. We're always looking for people to work with on extending the platform!

Thank you,

Joshua
    I'm not 100% savy on Xcode but I'd like to do whatever I can get an Ubuntu One client moving on the Mac. Let me know, I'd love to help round up a team!
    Free webseries and public projects:
    http://www.npeaches.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Any progress on this project?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast