Thread: Brasero on Lucid RC cannot create CD image

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Brasero on Lucid RC cannot create CD image

Hi,

After upgrading to Lucid RC I notice that I cannot create a CD image anymore. Brasero gives me three options : two .toc and one .cue file format but neither of them work

the CDDAO variant of the .toc format gives me a notification that i need to install some extra packages but even after installing those, the image creation hangs. I used to be able to create .iso images but that option has completely gone...

Any solutions around?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Brasero on Lucid RC cannot create CD image

So far, this seems to be two issues at once...

1. The first is some problem with Cdrdao dependencies where Brasero first reported that the packages cdrdao and toc2cue (! not cue2toc as it should read) needed to be installed and after installing them via Synaptic (not even a nice auto-installer dialog like with codecs in Rythmbox and such ) it STILL tells me "not all required programs and libraries are installed" and then comes up with an EMPTY list of packages to install

2. The other seems to be some problem with the auto-mounting of CD/DVD that is new in Lucid. Found that 10.04 no longer uses an /etc/fstab entry to configure the mount point for the device and during the reading/copying process the CD appears to suddenly unmount -- causing the reading/copying to halt and wait indefinately...

Weird stuff going on. This Lynx is too Lucid
    Last edited by RavanH; May 4th, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Some extra info that might explain issue 1:

On the Plugins dialog in Brasero the cdrdao plugin is switched off and cannot be checked. Below it, it is stated: "cdrdao version is too old" even though it is the latest in the repository!

And a related bugreport shows me I am not the only one :
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ro/+bug/529696
    Last edited by RavanH; May 4th, 2010 at 11:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

So that definitely sounds like a bug. Even I had a similar issue but not with ISO... I mean, I never really tried ISO burning after the upgrade.

I'm on Ubuntu 10.4, fully up-to-date.
    After burning a .wav file as a CD audio on the disk, I only find the disk still EMPTY!

Maybe you should report this as a bug.

Cheers!
    In the past I built solutions looking through a Window. But now I see how big the world is.

Beans
    Hidden!

Notice the date of the thread and the fact that it's about the Release Candidate, not the final release. There are likely to have been updates since.

Thread closed.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog