Thread: Mutlitouch/Multi-Gesture Gateway NV56 laptop

Beans

Mutlitouch/Multi-Gesture Gateway NV56 laptop

I've been having trouble trying to get multi-touch functionality. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a Gateway NV56 laptop, and I have attempted several things to get multi touch working. I am trying to mimic the multi touch features that a Macbook has, but I seem to be getting nowhere.

First off, I don't know if I have a Synaptics touchpad, nor do I know how to find that information out..

I've found a few guides for people who do have a Synaptics touchpad, but none of those helped me. The only multi touch feature that my touch pad has is vertical scrolling with one finger, and it only works on the far right side of the touch pad.

I've found and installed 'TouchPad' under System > Preferences > TouchPad to try to edit the behavior, but when I try to run it I get this message:

GSynaptics couldn't initialize.
    You have to set 'SHMConfig' 'true' in xorg.conf or XF86Config to use GSynaptics

Another guide suggested going to System > Preferences > Mouse > TouchPad, but my Mouse section does not have the "Touchpad" tab.

I've also attempted at editing my xorg.conf file, but that hasn't helped at all.

Anyone have any clues? I'd really appreciate any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Mutlitouch/Multi-Gesture Gateway NV56 laptop

I do not know how to fix this, but I suggest looking at your preferences for updates. Click the unsupported box and refresh the list. For driver info on your PC I usually go to google.com or official website for specs. More info=more help