Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sticky keys after installing Ubuntu 10.04. Very annoying.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Sticky keys after installing Ubuntu 10.04. Very annoying.

FWIW, I'm still having the sticky key problem. It only affects Ctrl or Alt for me recently.

I am no longer running synergy, but it still happens -- probably once a week.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I was without Synergy+ for a while because it's unworkable, but I saw the new website so recently I tried the new 1.3.6 version of Synergy+ and the 1.5.0 beta (r905) version. After installation, the sticky key problem was back with a vengeance.

So maybe some people experience this without Synergy+. I don't. For me Synergy definitely increases the probability with [sigma]%.

I've created a ticket here:
    http://synergy-foss.org/pm/issues/2866

So if you have the same problem, and it is really really important to you, consider signing up to the bugtracker and upvote the issue.
    Last edited by Redsandro; February 12th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
    📻 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio. 🤘

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same problem... Without Synergy + Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS + using remote access to this (via remmina, VNC, etc) + KVM (share keyboard, video, mouse with other windows xp box).

Some sequence of numbers active the sticky keys for me.
    Sometimes I can workaround this when I need to enter numeric data, for this, I need to enter twice the first number that I need to enter.
    By example if i need to enter "6753" :
    I need to enter "66753" to make it work.
    But if I enter "6753" I end with "753" and the sticky keys turned on (very annoying).

I wonder if this issue is related with the use of KVM (keyboard,video,mouse), this ubuntu box is using a cheap KVM(usb) to share keyboard + mouse + monitor. I don't have this issue in other ubuntu boxes but without KVM.

BTW, I remove ORCA + assistive technologies and all the related accessibility stuff, but the "sticky keys are back with a vengeance" (painfully funny words)

Regards
    Last edited by mr E; February 17th, 2011 at 06:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Same here, Dell Studio 17 laptop.

Main culprits I've narrowed down to so far appear to be Skype with video calls and YouTube so no doubt Flash related for YouTube as Flash is known to be resource hungry and buggy and Skype with it's Beta status no doubt, so I believe this fits in with the medium CPU load.

I'm afraid things like this and the awful Synaptics Touchpad support in 10.04 and the resetting themes issue on 10.10 will mean that Ubuntu will never be taken seriously when the fix is to upgrade the whole system and hope something else doesn't break, which is a shame as generally I'm a big fan generally.

Let's hope 11.04 fixes these issues but I've already read that Compiz Cube doesn't work with Unity.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I hope any fix will be backported into LTS at least because many people (including me) stick with LTS releases. The fact is: Not even LTS releases are completely stable, but non-LTS are worse.

My philosophy for production environment:
    Debian: Annoyingly stable, possibly outdated but proven concepts.
    Ubuntu LTS: Cutting edge, more or less stable-ish.
    Ubuntu non-LTS: Bleeding edge, non-stable; too many quirks.

Anyway, the issue dates back from 2009 iirc, so I think Synergy+ devs are not using Linux/Ubuntu and Ubuntu devs are not using Synergy+, because I've heard that there is a 'bug' in Gnome that causes this, and neither the Synergy team works around it nor the Gnome team fixes it.

I cannot find back where I read that, but I am curious if indeed Kubuntu users have no problems.

Also, in the bug report someone mentioned to try this on Ubuntu as a workaround:
    System -> Preferences -> Keyboard: Keyboard Delay = Long

I can not try this out because I ditched Synergy+ for now and rearranged my workspace as this bug is no minor inconvenience but instead making the setup completely useless. So if someone still has the two systems lined up and willing to try it out, please let us know if it works!
    📻 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio. 🤘

Beans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123