Thread: Fans don't turn on inspiron 1520

Beans

Fans don't turn on inspiron 1520

I have installed Ubuntu 10.4 to an inspiron 1520. I have tried to run dellfand with i8kutils installed and dellfand says I have bios interference. I upgraded bios A04 to A09 and it still doesn't work. The bios never turns on the fans and it will sometimes get so hot that the system forces itself off. Anyone know how to get complete fan control or at least get them to turn on when ubuntu is running.

Beans

Re: Fans don't turn on inspiron 1520

BUMP

Same problem different machine... but I hope similar solution

Me too I have installed Ubuntu 10.4 to an Sony CR11Z. I have tried to run pwmconfig and it says it cannot control the fan.
    Anyone know how to get complete fan control or at least get them to turn on when ubuntu is running.

Thanks!

Beans

The second I clicked submit new thread, the fan turned on and sounded as if it got unstuck from something. Dellfand works and the bios is controlling the fan when ubuntu is running when dellfand is not running. So the fan must have been stuck on something. *feels like and idiot*

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Camdenmil View Post
    The second I clicked submit new thread, the fan turned on and sounded as if it got unstuck from something. Dellfand works and the bios is controlling the fan when ubuntu is running when dellfand is not running. So the fan must have been stuck on something. *feels like and idiot*
    happy for your luck

Not so happy for my situation

Still the Fan does not work (=it works at a minimum and does not go faster as needed).