Thread: Basic compatibilty w/ ASUS Eee PC 900HA?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Basic compatibilty w/ ASUS Eee PC 900HA?

I've run previous versions of Ubuntu on desktops, but now am considering putting it (the netbook remix) on my netbook as a second OS--which is, as the subject says, an Asus Eee PC 900HA, currently running Windows XP Home. My questions:

1: By default it seems that this model of Eee comes with its hard drive partitioned twice, which Windows identifies as C: and D:. C: holds Windows and all of my files/settings/etc. I have not touched or used D: since the computer came out of the box. Could I leave Windows on C: and use the existing partition called D: for Ubuntu? Has anyone else done this? Or would I need to repartition?

2: How nicely does the Ubuntu Netbook remix play with the 900HA's hardware, in your experience? I just need the very basics: keyboard, touchpad, audio, display, wireless. If those work, I will be a very happy user.

Thanks in advance!

Beans

Re: Basic compatibilty w/ ASUS Eee PC 900HA?

I put the latest Netbook remix on my wife's PC 1005 HA and everything worked fine.

I selected drive "D" for the remix install and that also worked with no problems. All functions work including wireless.

Hope that helps if no one answers on the PC 900 HA.

Beans

Re: Basic compatibilty w/ ASUS Eee PC 900HA?

I haven't had a chance to try 10.04 yet on my 900ha, but unless there is a regression in the new release, everything should work out of the box.

Easiest is to delete the D: partition and install Ubuntu in the free space.