Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Sleep/Hibernation issues with 10.04?

Beans

Possible Sleep/Hibernation issues with 10.04?

Have been using Ubuntu 9.10 since past 2 months and had similar power and screen saver options as I do now after upgrading to 10.04. ( "sleep" after 1 h, "lock screen" after 10 min, "hibernate" when "close lid" on a Dell 600m laptop)

With Karmic, Never had issues with closing the lid while the laptop was sleeping. Three times in a row noticed that if the lid is closed while laptop is in sleep mode, opening the lid results in a blank screen, HDD and CD drive spins, fan turns on. No response to keyboard and/or mouse. Pressing the power key: no response.

The only solution is to shut-down by holding the power key down for a few seconds and reboot.

Cant imagine why there would be a problem, but wondering if there are others who also see the same thing and if there is fix to this. Right now, have disabled sleep and will see if problem shows up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Possible Sleep/Hibernation issues with 10.04?

I'm also having the same problem. Every time I resume from sleep/suspend the PC turns on but only shows a white screen.
    I'm using 10.04 32bit on a dell dimension 8300. ATI Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card, with compiz. Not sure what else could be causing the problem.

Beans

I have a Toshiba Satalite, L305 I put it into Hybernate or sleep ,, shut the lid and later on i come back and the the battery is dead...

no big deal when im at home.. but when im on the road it kinda sucks.. so i have to just shut it down.. thank god it boots up fast...

Beans

So, I am not the only one. That feels good in a way. Update: purposefully put the laptop to sleep and experienced the same problem.
    There seems to be some conflict for sure. Does anybody have a fix other than disabling sleep? Thanks!

Beans

It could be the case that suspend works on my Lenovo S10 since I set an empty password for the login keyring. I was just trying to debug this problem as described in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelSuspend when I realized that resuming works. Everything I changed recently is the empty password!?!

Beans

Unhappy Re: Possible Sleep/Hibernation issues with 10.04?

Unfortunately, one day later, things got back to normal: i.e. resume is not working anymore. For further details see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/568711

Beans

Thanks for reporting the problem Michael. Hopefully, a fix will be on its way!

Quote Originally Posted by /Michael/ View Post
    Unfortunately, one day later, things got back to normal: i.e. resume is not working anymore. For further details see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/568711

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm having the same issue. It's pretty frustrating when things that used to work just fine no longer work after upgrading.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Same thing here.
    Dell Latitude E6500
    .................................................. .............................................
    -What we've got here is...failure to communicate
    -Cool Hand Luke

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same problem for me on both of my laptops

Dell Inspiron 9100
    Dell Inspiron 8600

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast