Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Sleep/Hibernation issues with 10.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Possible Sleep/Hibernation issues with 10.04?

Same prob here with Dell Studio 1745. Hibernate *does* work, but it's very very very slow. rebooting is a lot faster. If I hibernate, resuming the session will result in a black screen for about 1 minute, then a black screen with blinking cursor for about 2 minutes, after which the mouse cursor appears (no movement of it though!). A minute or so later, the login screen finally appears, but laptop remains sluggishly afterwards. (for comparison, booting is about 20 seconds total on my machine).

Beans

Same thing here. I don't know if the problems are related, but then my screen resolution went all out of wack, and my sound quit working. Serious. I'm in the process of partitioning my drive all over and starting over. Though I think I may head back to Karmic until I know I won't have that problem again.

Beans

Acer TM 4102 - the same here on 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Happens here too, Dell Inspirion 1464.

Beans

I have the same problem, but as far as i experienced this i noted that it happens only when i purposely put the laptop into sleep, otherwise when it shuts to sleep automatically following energy saving settings i can restore the session with no problems...

I have a Dell Inspiron 1750, hope that this will be solved soon, or at least before 10.10 version x )

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

IBM X31s here, and it will neither Hibernate nor Suspend correctly.

If you try "Suspend", it will (apparently) suspend OK, but when you try and bring it back then it will only get to a black screen. (The screen is working, the illumination is there, but it won't display anything.) Pretty much as described.

"Hibernate" will apparently work OK as well, but when you re-boot it won't get to Ubuntu. It produces some lines on the screen and freezes at that stage, before you see the log-in screen.

Both of these are tested with the closing of the lid (having set the desired behaviour appropriately) and forcing it by pressing the power button and choosing from the menu.

Oli.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I filed a bug at Ubuntu using:

$ ubuntu-bug hibernate

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...te/+bug/578020

The 'ubuntu-bug' program automatically collects a bunch of basic information about your system, to assist the developers in fixing the bug.

I am running an IBM ThinkPad R51 laptop w/ ATI Radeon video card. Suspend was working fine on 9.10 before the upgrade to 10.04. Comes out of suspend and I can see and move the mouse pointer, but nothing else - the rest is black. Ctrl-alt-F1 gives a working log-in from a terminal prompt. 'startx' does not immediately work from there as the system says that X is already running.
    Last edited by christopherbalz; May 10th, 2010 at 12:26 AM.

Beans

My laptop resumes now correctly after a "pm-suspend" from console. After the fresh install of 10.04., resume did not work, then, some days later, like a miracle, it did, later again, black screen only but now, perhaps after the kernel update to "2.6.32-22-generic", resume after suspend works again ?! Some of you could perhaps try to boot with the kernel option "nomodeset" in order to see if the problem could be with KMS (kernel mode setting).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm glad I'm not the only one with sleep issues. Hibernate luckily seems to work ok for me atm. Sleep refuses to wake up and requires a forced restart.
    Ubuntu User# 8979

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Have any of you tried nomodeset kernel parameter to use user mode video modules instead of the new default kernel mode (KMS) video driver.

I had trouble with my desktop unable to go into suspend or hibernate. Suspend would shut off the hard drive, but blank video remained on and power remained on. Hibernate saved RAM to swap and everything remained on, including blank video and hard drive. In either case I had to manually power off (hold power button for 5 seconds) and cold boot.

Since I have ATI video, either nomodeset or radeon.modeset=0 kernel parameter resolved that, and both suspend and hibernate work (and glxgears is "much" faster).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast