Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AWLL6075 installation problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: AWLL6075 installation problem

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond07 View Post
    I also have a AWLL6075 (Golden N Wireless Mini USB Adapter)...
    James! Worked like a char! Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Using the directions below, I was able to get it working flawlessly in Kubuntu 10.04. Perfection. Thanks man.

I also have a AWLL6075 (Golden N Wireless Mini USB Adapter). After I searched for 2 hours for solutions on the Internet, I managed to make it work under Ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32-21-generic).

I tried a lot of combinations with ndiswrapper, but couldn't make it work. Then I did the following:

1. I plugged in the Wireless USB Adapter and ran "dmesg". I looked at the message saying:
    "usb 1-3: firmware: requesting RTL8192SU/rtl8192sfw.bin
    rtl819xU:request firmware fail!
    "
    2. I extracted the contents of the file attached ( "gunzip rtl8192sfw.bin.gz")

3. I then used "sudo mkdir /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/RTL8192SU"

4. And "sudo cp rtl8192swf.bin /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/RTL8192SU"

5. I unplugged the Wireless USB Adapterand then plugged it in again in the same USB port.

6. I ran "dmesg" again and saw that my wireless was working! (the SSIDs of wifi networks appeared in the Network Manager)

I hope this will help others too.

Beans

this also worked for the AZiO AWU212N. very nice jamesbond07, thank you.

I also have a AWLL6075 (Golden N Wireless Mini USB Adapter). After I searched for 2 hours for solutions on the Internet, I managed to make it work under Ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32-21-generic).

I tried a lot of combinations with ndiswrapper, but couldn't make it work. Then I did the following:

1. I plugged in the Wireless USB Adapter and ran "dmesg". I looked at the message saying:
    "

5. I unplugged the Wireless USB Adapterand then plugged it in again in the same USB port.

6. I ran "dmesg" again and saw that my wireless was working! (the SSIDs of wifi networks appeared in the Network Manager)

Beans

"

i downloaded the provided .gz file but do NOT download through Safari because everytime you download it, it will unpack it and you don't want to unpack the .gz file.

What i did (and this is for future reference for myself also) is:
    1. download provided file

2. I plugged in the Wireless USB Adapter and ran "dmesg". I looked at the message saying:
    rtl819xU:request firmware fail!"

3. I extracted the contents of the file attached ( "gunzip rtl8192sfw.bin.gz")

4. I then used "sudo mkdir /lib/firmware/RTL8192SU"

5. then type in "sudo nautilus"

6. it will open up another window. Navigate to lib/firmware/RTL8192SU and place the RTL8192sfw.bin (which is the unpacked .gz file) directly into that folder.

7. disconnected the airlink101 then re connected it in the same port. Open terminal and run "dmesg" and it should be able to find all your wireless networks.

ENJOY!

Beans

All right! Now can use it without ndiswrapper. One thing for anyone else who has been using this device with ndiswrapper and wants to get that wireless N only working....completely uninstall ndiswrapper. Then I had to sudo nautilus into etc modprobe.d and delete that last ndiswrapper file hanging on there. It was trying to use it and so the above (great!) instructions were not working for me. Wireless N only now set on the router and we're good.

Thanks!!!

Beans

nice. just got one of these airlink101 golden n wireless (rtl8192) doohickies working on an ubuntu dell mini 9.

thanks all.

Beans

That's the same nic I've been struggling with, and now it works ! Thank you very much James !!!

Quote Originally Posted by yebot View Post
    nice. just got one of these airlink101 golden n wireless (rtl8192) doohickies working on an ubuntu dell mini 9.

thanks all.

Beans

"

This seems to be working for everyone but not for me, I tried everything exactly as you said (I noticed you mistyped swf instead of sfw, I changed it and everything seem to go through, no errors) unplugged and replugged and still did not work. I am actually on the computer right now using my laptops wireless/ethernet port to hardwire this computer. I am using the latest Xubuntu so I do not know if the instructions would be different or not.

Also just want to add when I type nm-tool in Terminal I get this

"- Device: wlan0 ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Type: 802.11 WiFi
    Driver: rtl819xU
    State: unavailable
    Default: no
    HW Address: 00:21:2F:34:B3:F1

Capabilities:

Wireless Properties
    WEP Encryption: yes
    WPA Encryption: yes
    WPA2 Encryption: yes

Wireless Access Points
    "

It show unavailable but shows that I have a wireless adapter... How strange.

Another Edit, Don't know which one did the trick but I did updates (about 200mb worth) and also digged around in my lib and noticed that instead of the folder being RTL8192SU it was RTL8192SE which was wierd because I checked through my commands in terminal and not once did I type SE, what is the reason for this out of curiousity? Anyway, rebooted, and wireless is working .
    Last edited by komputerfreek; October 1st, 2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: :D

Beans

"

thank you james.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shah_vm View Post
    thank you james.
    I am having strange issue after upgrading to ubuntu 10.10. it detects my access point (wpa/wpa2 personal) sometimes it gets connected and sometimes it just wont connect, it keeps prompting me to enter the correct key phrase. any idea where is the problem?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast