Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Thank Plippo very much for the work.

With this post, functional installation with touch screen is straight forward.

I am very fond of the design of Ubuntu Lucid and I discover with saisfaction the features of the Ubuntu Netbook Edition.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi everybody. To get the microphone work with skype, I had to install padevchooser to regulate mono mic and not stereo. I launched the application, click on input, click on the middle button on the upper right to unblock the channels, and put one of channels to zero and the other one to 100%. It seems that skype doesn't find the mono internal mic otherwise and stops to work.
    This way mic should work not only with ubuntu voice recorder, but also with skype. Or, at least, it works for my system, with alsa backports installed.

@Plippo: no way to get full brightness with setpci command in rc.local. I had to write a little script to make it work and load it at boot, called brightness.sh and launch it with gksudo sh brightness.sh
    The only annoying thing is you have to give your password twice on boot
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; May 30th, 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier I was trying to install everything on an SD card.

The overall results are quite good even with a slow sd card so I've decided to try to write the steps to install Ubuntu 10.4 on an sd card for T101MT.

As I did not wanted to kidnap this thread I started a new one here.

My idea is to keep updating the post once I solve the minor issues I got now and also to see if other people have other ideas about optimizing for sd card on the T101MT.

If any of you is interested in the topic I would be very glad to hear about it.
    _Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere_ Carl Sagan

Beans

I wanted to use the multi touch to read pdf books on Adobe Reader (zoom in, zoom out with two fingers), but with no good results, is there any tweak to allow this. Best regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have my touch screen working now and I see we have multi-touch drivers! Are there any multi-touch applications people can recommend that I can utilize this feature in? It does not appear to work in Xournal or MyPaint...

~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Also - about the camera... It was upside in Cheese so I applied the fix you provide and now it is correct under Cheese, but it is upside down in skype! Any suggestions on this one?

~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@beastrace91: maybe you missed this

Quote Originally Posted by Plippo View Post
    The problem is that skype uses its own version of the video library, not the modified one. You should be able to fix this by calling skype using the following command:
    Code:
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype
    You can change the entry in the menu to use this command so you don't have to type it every time.
    @therightuser: the daemon Plippo provided worked for me with pdf documents using ubuntu's default gnome document viewer
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; May 30th, 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Beans

thank you riccardo.depalo for your answer, i`ll try it later.
    Best regards.

I`m loving Ubuntu 10.04 on a SD Card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by riccardo.depalo View Post
    @beastrace91: maybe you missed this
    Ahh! I had missed this, thanks!

~Jeff

Beans

@Riccardo: I tried Plippo's fix on skype in terminal and it worked. However, when I put it in the menu, clicking on skype icon doesn't launch. How to resolve this?

Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast