Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Has anyone tried the Power Manager Brightness Applet? I thought it would be a nice onscreen control to change the brightness in tablet mode. However, the control is running away from my finger each time I try to change the brightness.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tlimsisnw View Post
    I also have some recent problems with updates and installation. The following message has been appearing for a while and I don't know how to get rid of it. Hope someone has a solution to this:

run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-update-grub 2.6.35-22-generic /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-22-generic
    /usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: /boot/grub/device.map:3: No open parenthesis found.
    run-parts: /etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-update-grub exited with return code 1
    Failed to process /etc/kernel/postinst.d at /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-image-2.6.35-22-generic.postinst line 1010.
    dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.35-22-generic (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    linux-image-2.6.35-22-generic

You have to configure "localepurge" with the command

dpkg-reconfigure localepurge

to make /usr/sbin/localepurge actually start to function.

Nothing to be done, exiting ...

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Did you try (as the message says) running
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure localepurge
    in a terminal?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    Did you try (as the message says) running
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure localepurge
    in a terminal?
    Yes, nothing seems to change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Sorry that I've bin a bit mute lately, I graduated and have a full time job now, so unfortunately less time for Ubuntu...

@toylas:
    Sorry, I can't tell you a reason for this segfault. But one note about evtouch, this driver is pretty old and didn't work with my T101MT, maybe it's causing problems for you. I've uninstalled it.

@tlimsisnw:
    Seems update-grub causes problems on your machine. Can you try running the command
    Code:
    sudo updage-grub
    manually to look if there are some problems with GRUB configuration files.

@mikshepard:
    Maybe 10 isn't the right number for you. If you run
    Code:
    xinput list
    and look for the id(s) of the eGalax device(s) on your machine, you can try those, usually the first one is the one to use.
    Last edited by Plippo; November 17th, 2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo

Beans

Cool! I fixed my problem of the X/Y axis not rotating with the screen. Turns out, I was missing the "xinput" package. Works fine now, the only problem is that when rotated, twofing makes it seem like the first finger is always pressed, so I can't move the mouse at all since every press is considered a second-finger multi-touch press. When I kill twofing, it works fine. Any ideas? Twofing works fine when the screen is in the normal position. I really like having twofing working when rotated for pdf zooming. (Again this is for debian squeeze) Thanks

-Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Good that touchrotate works now. But twofing should actually handle the swapping of the coordinates automatically, but maybe Debian Squeeze uses a different version of xinput, or it might have a problem if you are touching the screen while it is being rotated. What happens if you kill twofing and re-start it after rotating the screen? Does it work then?

Beans

haha, I had just thought the same thing. Yes, killing twofing and then restarting when rotated, does fix the problem. So as a quick fix, I added "killall twofing" and then the command "twofing" to the touchrotate script and now it works fine. I had to also create a copy of touchrotate called "touchrotaten", where I added "compix --replace &" to the end, so compiz will run normally again when rotated back to normal. For some reason, compiz runs extra slow when rotated and even when rotated back (metacity as well), this is the main reason why I tried switching from Ubuntu to Debian but the problem still remains.

For the record, the problem was that twofing would work fine on the top half of the screen but no the bottom, if I pressed on the bottom it would assume one finger was pressing on the top and that that my actual finger was the second multitouch in the bottom area of the rotated screen. If that makes sense. I'm guessing it wasn't sensing the dimensions of the rotated screen properly and would get confused when I would tap out of it's idea of the screen range?

However the good news is everything seems to be working fine now! (except for the compiz bit). I just need to figure out how to get debian to recognize the screen rotate button, for some reason xev doesn't see it and the eee-acpi-scripts doesn't do anything, however I am suspecting it is a kernel issue. If you have any ideas, please let me know, otherwise I'll post back if I figure it out. Thanks for the help!

-Mike
    Last edited by mikshepard; November 17th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.

Beans

Plippo: I ran update-grub and got the following error:

/usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: /boot/grub/device.map:3: No open parenthesis found.

Any ideas?

[QUOTE=Plippo;10128232]Sorry that I've bin a bit mute lately, I graduated and have a full time job now, so unfortunately less time for Ubuntu...

@tlimsisnw:
    Seems update-grub causes problems on your machine. Can you try running the command
    Code:
    sudo updage-grub
    manually to look if there are some problems with GRUB configuration files.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tlimsisnw View Post
    Plippo: I ran update-grub and got the following error:

Any ideas?
    Try
    Code:
    sudo grub-install /dev/sda
    (assuming you want grub to use the MBR of your 1st harddrive)

And next do
    Code:
    sudo update-grub
    again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Any word on a 64-bit calibrator tool?

Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast