Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1117

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Quote Originally Posted by crazyness003 View Post

That's another fix on the list. Now, on to other things.

If anyone can direct me to the fix for:
    1. Multi-touch touch-screen for 2nd-gen, 'AsusTek, Inc. MultiTouch (TTI)'
    You can read my previous posts about MT on 2nd-gen - #962 and #963. I use GINN and UTouch.
    Multi-touch gestures work (i.e. rotate and zoom in eog).
    Better GINN gestures script is needed.

Beans

I was having some odd issues with single-click events on twofing 9b - single clicks would register, but once I lifted my finger it would be like I was holding down the mouse button, it didn't register the finger lift. Single clicks worked fine when twofing wasn't running.

Poked around in the source a bit and noticed the releaseButton function was missing an
    Code:
    XFlush(display);
    call like the one in pushButton - adding that and recompiling seems to have fixed it. Figured I'd share the fix in case anyone else is having this problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Word of warning to anyone thinking of trying 3.0 kernel (11.10) on their T101MT -

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/201...arning-to.html

tl/dr: Latest kernel killed my T101MT dead.

~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by N0rbert View Post
    You can read my previous posts about MT on 2nd-gen - #962 and #963. I use GINN and UTouch.
    Multi-touch gestures work (i.e. rotate and zoom in eog).
    Better GINN gestures script is needed.
    Well this was very helpful. Thanks so much.

Like you mentioned, the GINN gestures aren't 100% solid, but I now have right-click functionality with the touch-screen. This in tandem with the One Finger Scrolling in Firefox, can mimic a two-finger (right-click) scrolling. There's just a lot of artifacts. Plus, it defaults to scrolling as if doing a page-up/page-down.

I understand this is just a workaround (a good one too), but I was wondering what file to mess around with to try and fine-tune this beast.
    is it /etc/ginn/wishes.xml?

Also, when I do
    Code:
    lsmod | grep hid
    hid_egalax             12837  0 
    hid_mosart             12885  0 
    usbhid                 46956  2 hid_egalax,hid_mosart
    hid                    91020  3 hid_egalax,hid_mosart,usbhid
    I'm missing hid_multitouch. IS this bad?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by beastrace91 View Post
    Word of warning to anyone thinking of trying 3.0 kernel (11.10) on their T101MT -

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/201...arning-to.html

tl/dr: Latest kernel killed my T101MT dead.

~Jeff
    What do you mean "killed it dead". LIke it's completely tanked. Bricked. Broken. Never going to live, ever again; even by replacing X hardware. That kind of dead?
    From Jeff's blog (paraphrased): The problem was with something changing the display brightness to 0 (zero). A quick Fn + F6 does the trick.

You scared me there for a minute.

Also, is anyone else having difficulty compiling v4l-utils-0.7.92-test.tar.gz? I keep getting a fatal error with "linux/videodev.h" not existing. Even after following the suggestions from he post here.

Any suggestions or other posts I should pay special attention to?
    Last edited by crazyness003; September 18th, 2011 at 06:32 AM. Reason: CHUCK NORRIS

Beans

What do you mean "killed it dead". LIke it's completely tanked. Bricked. Broken. Never going to live, ever again; even by replacing X hardware. That kind of dead?
    From Jeff's blog (paraphrased): The problem was with something changing the display brightness to 0 (zero). A quick Fn + F6 does the trick.

I just upgraded to oneiric without any problems. Also the screen works without problems. So far (ok, it has been only about 30 minutes) everything works just fine. I just renamed natty to oneiric in sources.list and did dist-upgrade (in the middle I had to use -f to force resolving further dependencies) but so far everything works e. g. touchscreen, rotating screen etc.

Beans

Also, is anyone else having difficulty compiling v4l-utils-0.7.92-test.tar.gz? I keep getting a fatal error with "linux/videodev.h" not existing. Even after following the suggestions from he post here.

As far as I know the videodev.h has been deprecated. I also had same problems compiling this software. I tried compiling newer version (0.85) and had to additionally install libjpeg62-dev, but it compiled OK. I haven't checked it, but have rather installed v4l-utils from repository and for me, the webcam works perfectly using guvcview.

Beans

Hi at all,

I am using this awesome tool for my wetab and it is working fine!

But with KDE 4.6.x and 4.7 I have a sick bug and hoping that someone can help, because plippo can not

The bug will take affect, when you try for example to mark folders in dolphin (this is not in all windows, only in some). Then, the whole dolphin windows moves. It is like the shortcut "ALT+Left Mouse" in KDE. This shortcut is disabled in my KDE configuration, but twofing moves it anyway

The same problem take affect in KDE Softwarecenter (kpackagekit). I can not install any software, because, when I click on "install" the shortcut "move whole window" takes action

You can see the bug here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeL2j6L5C8s

For any ideas i would be grateful

Beans

I'm considering purchase of one of these. After watching some reviews, though, I was turned down by the sluggish Windows 7 performance. Does it perform much better under Ubuntu? How hard do you have to press the screen for touch recognition?

Beans

You do not have to press hard at all, positioning works very well. I can not complain about performance with Linux, as a matter of fact I was surprised it works so well under win7 - but it comes configured to run a lot of services I don't need - after throwing them overboard it starts a little bit faster, but compared to Ubuntu it still feels less responsive.
    Under win7 I installed vmwareplayer to run winxp (a functionality which seems broken in Ubuntu since 11.04) and it performs as good as a native winxp on an Asus Eee Top.
    So no complains from my side - (but I don't use it for games if that was part of the question)

HTH

variona
    AMD64X2: UbuntuStudio 14.10-64bit

Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast