Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Quote Originally Posted by Plippo View Post
    Okay, here is the mypaint patch, it is attached to this post. To use it, do the following:

1. Uninstall mypaint if you have installed the package from the wiki or this thread
    2. Install the mypaint package from the normal Ubuntu repository, e.g. using Software Center
    3. Download the attached (compressed) patch file and save it to your home directory.
    4. Open a terminal and execute the following commands:

Code:
    gzip -d mypaint-resistive.patch.gz
    sudo patch -p1 -d /usr/share/mypaint < mypaint-resistive.patch
    Enjoy!
    I did this but I still don't get anything when I paint with touchpad or touchscreen. Any thoughts? Note I did

Code:
    sudo apt-get autoremove mypaint
    sudo rm -rf /usr/share/mypaint
    sudo apt-get install mypaint
    ## applied patch

Beans

After installing the updates today, the window borders disappeared. Also, Ctrl+Alt+T doesn't bring up terminal anymore. Did anyone else have this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tlimsisnw View Post
    After installing the updates today, the window borders disappeared. Also, Ctrl+Alt+T doesn't bring up terminal anymore. Did anyone else have this problem?
    Not me, but I'm still on Lucid. Not that I checked very carefully, but I don't recall any incredibly recent updates that had to do with the GUI, and there were absolutely none for the last day or so.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Merde View Post
    hello all

a global "thanks" to all contributors to this thread, and a special "thanks" for Plippo !

little contribution :
    I discovered an extension for chromium which is similar to firefox "drag & grab"
    (not the same extension than what mrspacklecrisp propose)

http://www.chromeextensions.org/appe...g/chrometouch/

Some features do not work for me (page up / page down, rebound), but main functionalities are OK.

previous link added to documentation

bye all
    I'm nervous about the part that says it has access to my browsing history and other data. I think I'll stick with official extensions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrspacklecrisp View Post
    Not me, but I'm still on Lucid. Not that I checked very carefully, but I don't recall any incredibly recent updates that had to do with the GUI, and there were absolutely none for the last day or so.
    Ok, I seem to have resolved the missing window border problem after doing a "apt-get -f install" to repair broken packages. However, it's funny that now I lose zooming ability in Plippo's twofing using the maverick desktop version. Zooming still ok if I login to netbook/unity version. Wonder why that is.

Jupiter seem to work much better now. I did recommend it here a while back, but I think this new version seems to manage power a bit better. For the first time, my battery left says 6.25 hrs under power saver!

Plippo: Mypaint patch works well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@Plippo: I updated the wiki with your mypaint patch (I tested it, it works) and specified that also 64 bit Ubuntu works if you build yourself kernel driver. Is it correct?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@mrspacklecrisp:
    Haven't looked at 9.0 yet. If you can figure out the differences in the new brush file format, this would be helpful

@bakinsoda:
    So you're using Maverick, right? Have you installed the evdev update from the PPA as described in the wiki article?

@riccardo:
    Thanks! The driver works in 64 bit, but there seem to be problems with twofing. I'll investigate that.

Beans
    Distro

The brushes are all categorized into subfolders, with the exception of 13 of them. There are also plenty of new brushes.

The other things I'm seeing is that this line "self.doc.stroke_to(dtime, x, y, pressure)" isn't in 9 at all, "self.last_painting_pos = x, y" is now on line 205, "def button_press_cb(self, win, event):" is over on line 233, def...release_cb is on 250 and def...modified_cb is on 255.

I don't really understand why it said it succeeded at line 243, offset by 68 (line 175, right?) "
    # mouse button pressed (while painting without pressure information)" is what's on 243. I mean, "self.motion_notify_cb" is close on line 248, and "def canvas_modified_cb" (which is on line 175 in mypaint 8 ) is also close on 255... but I don't understand the correlation.

I don't know much of anything, so forgive me if this isn't that helpful. This program is really great, so I'm happy there's any working version available. It's really good for studies, I've found:

He looks so weird. There are supposed to be people under him. Anyway...

Edit1: I was wrong about the phrase "self.doc.stroke_to". It's in mypaint 9's tiledrawwidget.py on lines 228 and 231, as "self.doc.stroke_to(step, *data_old)" and " self.doc.stroke_to(dtime, *data)" respectively.
    Last edited by mrspacklecrisp; October 24th, 2010 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Correction

Beans
    Distro

When I updated my tablet driver, I found the calibration a off in places so I tried to use the ol' calibrator. That totally messed up my calibration, so I decided I would uninstall it, then install it again. However, the package is not mentioned in the wiki and I don't remember where to get it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@mrspacklecrisp:
    Yes, as the calibrator often brought problems, I removed it from the wiki page. But you can still download and try the latest version from http://philmerk.de/dwl/deb/eeepc-t10...0.2-2-i386.deb

I've been working for some time now on a new calibration infrastructure. It features a new calibrator and automatic adjustment of the touchscreen when the monitor output is rotated or when an external display is added. I hope to be able to release it soon.

Please bear with me if taking care of MyPaint 9.0 might still take some time as I'm a bit busy at the moment. At least 8.2 still works...

Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast