Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

@Plippo: it's ok for me to use only one wiki, if you put somewhere in the end the older instructions. You can use some new paragraph I added in the new wiki and revise them as you wish.

Beans

OK, this is a totally "help me, I am helpless" post here, but I had everything working a little back, and now everything seems to have gone to heck. So I present to you, the most benificient and able coders, an enumerated list of my Problems with my T101MT running Ubuntu.

1) This is a biggy, but my computer will no longer hibernate or go to standby. This seemed to start after a scheduled update. And before you ask, my swap space is a good couple of gigabytes larger then my ram.

2)The touchscreen is no longer working, or rather, it is not at all useful, wherever I touch the screen, the cursor click on the top left corner of the screen.

3) I like the two finger touch-pad scrolling, and I set that up. Every now and then, it doesn't work and trying to do it makes the cursor flip out. It used to be that every now and then it wouldn't work, but restarting would fix it, but now it never seems to work.

So there you have it. If anyone can shed any light on this slew of problems, I would be most grateful. I think they were brought on by a recent update, but I know very little about most of this stuff.

Beans
    Distro

@Fastler: answer a few question, please, so we can help you. Do you have installed Lucid or Maverick? What kernel have you installed? Did you follow the instructions in the tutorial to install the touchscreen driver?

Beans

@ricardo
    Sure. I am using lucid Lynx (I wasn't even aware they had updated until today), Kernel type 2.6.32-25-generic, and everything I have done is from this first page. Except the two finger scrolling, which was from the wiki page for the laptop.

Beans
    Distro

@fastler: ok, if you go here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/T101MT#TOUCH SCREEN

you can find the deb file for the 2.6.32-25. Just install it and touchscreen should be working again.

Beans

OK, well, evidently that solved all three of my problems. Nice. Many thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@fastler:
    The problem with the touchpad occurs if you have booted Windows, then reboot into Ubuntu. Windows switches the touchpad into a different mode Ubuntu can't handle. So when you have used Windows, simply shut down the machine and then turn it on again instead of rebooting in order to avoid this problem.

@riccardo:
    I have modified the wiki page, I hope it is okay. I'll continue uploading more packages to the PPA which automate the manual steps and will adapt the page accordingly.

Beans
    Distro

@Plippo: I saw the wiki modified, it seems ok to me. Thank you for your work. Can we delete the other wiki, to avoid confusion?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

If you think I haven't forgotten anything on the T101MT page, you can of course delete the Maverick page if you like.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Plippo View Post
    If you think I haven't forgotten anything on the T101MT page, you can of course delete the Maverick page if you like.
    Plippo: I tried to connect to PPA but got the following problem. Please advise, thanks.

Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 4D8BB0C41D2329136CB7858AC3745BE8983882DF
    gpg: requesting key 983882DF from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    ?: keyserver.ubuntu.com: Connection timed out
    gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect: Connection timed out
    gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
    gpg: Total number processed: 0

Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast