Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

@plippo: ¿not works the little notify program? . It's working perfectly for me... may be little differences between Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu?. ¿What is not working exactly?.
    The only thing is that the program must be launched with 'twoclicks' parameter because the rotate key sends two acpi events, one for push and one for release, or maybe the acpi message is different in Ubuntu....

I have a new version (is exactly the same thing) that eliminate the gtk builder GUI and the notification scripts. I would like to know the problems.

Thank you very much.

grotate_0.1-1_i386.deb.gz

grotate_0.1-1.debian.tar.gz

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

@Plippo: i`m using a Eee PC T101MT, i reinstaled all the drivers, but no results, after suspending mode, my touchscreen dosen`t work, if everyone have a fix for this, it would be great. I think you have a single post, that speaks about this thread, but because of my poor experience, i didn`t have the skill to make it work.

Best regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@therightuser: Is there a file /etc/pm/sleep.d/80_egalax_touchscreen on your system?

@chavi: I looked at the problems I had again and I could solve two:

The first problem was that the ACPI script didn't work in Ubuntu but I could make it work by changing your /etc/acpi/events/event-rotate and changing the "event" line to
    event=hotkey ATKD 0000001a

The second problem is that when I now press the rotate button, the screen saver still comes up. This can be solved by adding a dummy action for the button with the Gnome shortcut manager, but of course this is not an ideal solution.

The third problem is that every time I rotate the screen with your utility, a new xrandr <defunct> Zombie process appears in the process list that can't be killed. I don't know if this has any further negative effects.

By the way, when I rotate the screen in Ubuntu (with your utility or manually using my script) graphics performance get really slow (e.g. scrolling in Firefox lags a lot). How is this in Debian?
    Last edited by Plippo; June 4th, 2010 at 07:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro

@Hangman228: The click point is between your two fingers because I thought it is best that way as I normally put both fingers on the screen at the same time, so there's no real »second« finger for me. But if you'd like it better the other way, I can maybe add an option for that.

@sleytr: Yes, currently the calibration information gets lost when you suspend while the screen is rotated. I'll look into that.

@sleytr, minhato: It seems that when you're not using compiz, the twofing daemon will lock up as soon as you open a new window. I'll look into this, too.

Beans
    Distro

I've created a new version (0.0.2) of twofing which should solve the problem of getting 100% CPU usage when not using compiz. You find it attached to this post. Please report if it works for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@Plippo: it seems the new version of your daemon works nicely like the previous one, though with some problems. I was using compiz, so didn't have any problem for that, but I noticed that system always hanged when I used an application that launched gksu (as I saw in the debug) and asked me for the password. Now I tried again to click on update-manager. Once it worked as it should, the second time the system crashed again and I had to reboot with ctrl-alt-F2. Maybe we should blacklist also the application "gksu" in "profile.h" file? I tried to do it and recompile but it didn't work.
    Thank you for your work, I appreciated it a lot.
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; June 4th, 2010 at 08:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I've created a package for the touchrotate script. You can download it here: http://www.philmerk.de/dwl/deb/touchrotate-0.0.1-1.deb

It puts the script in /usr/bin, so when you have installed the package, you can call the script by simply calling
    Code:
    touchrotate toright
    (or your preferred direction). After you have install this package, the touch screen should now also stay calibrated when you suspend your device while the screen is rotated.

You can also achieve this manually: If you find at any time that the orientation of the touch screen doesn't match the orientation of the display, simply call
    Code:
    touchrotate current
    And it automatically makes the touch screen match the display.
    Last edited by Plippo; June 5th, 2010 at 09:23 AM.

Beans

to plippo - i don`t have a a file /etc/pm/sleep.d/80_egalax_touchscreen . How do i get one?

Best regards

Beans

sorry, i just found it, but the touchscreen is dead after hibernate or suspend

why?

Beans

i already have installed twofing 0.1, to install the new version (twofing 0.2), do i have to erase the old one. sorry for so much questions.

best regards

Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast