Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1117

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

  1. #1011
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    1

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    How do you make the screen rotate? because with
    Code:
    xrandr -o right
    the screen rotates but not the touchscreen, and it just messes with the orientation. Im using a freshly installed 11.10
    Installing the egalax drivers didnt work either, as when i do
    touchrotate right
    it just rotates the screen, but not the touchscreen
    Last edited by Guzmanus; October 16th, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

  2. #1012
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,014
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    Quote Originally Posted by Guzmanus View Post
    How do you make the screen rotate? because with
    Code:
    xrandr -o right
    the screen rotates but not the touchscreen, and it just messes with the orientation. Im using a freshly installed 11.10
    Installing the egalax drivers didnt work either, as when i do

    it just rotates the screen, but not the touchscreen
    From https://help.ubuntu.com/community/T101MT#Touch-Screen :
    If your touch-screen does not work after this, run lsusb in the terminal. If there is a device named 0486:0186 ASUS Computers, Inc. then you have a second generation tablet where Asus decided to change the hardware around. There is a single touch workaround below. This workaround however, isn't fully compatible with the touch-rotate scripts (installed above) as it doesn't rotate the touch orientation ONLY the screen. A kernel patch is in the works.
    Last edited by miegiel; October 16th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.

  3. #1013
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    38

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    Well I recently posted about no problems with upgrade to 11.10. It seems I have spoken too soon. I have problems with at-spi daemon (florence virtual keyboard not hiding at all) and with suspend and hibernate, which also do not work. As far as I checked everything should be fixed but it still does not work for me. Am I the only one?

  4. #1014
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    37
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    I was actually asking for more information about upgrading from 11.04 to 11.10. Anyone upgraded through the upgrade procedure? I'm quite frightened.

  5. #1015
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Beans
    5

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 without much trouble.

    I had to install the luminosity fix from plippo.
    For correct rotation of the touchscreen I modified the touchrotate script to use the Coordinate Transformation Matrix (edit : noticed crazyness003 proposed a similar solution 3 pages ago) :

    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    if [ $# -eq 1 ];
    then OUTPUT=auto
         INPUTDEV=auto
         ROTATION=$1
    elif [ $# -eq 3 ];
    then OUTPUT=$1
         INPUTDEV=$2
         ROTATION=$3
    else echo "Usage: touchrotate [output inputdevice] left|right|inverted|normal|toleft|toright|topdown|current"
         exit 1
    fi
    
    if [ $OUTPUT = auto ];
    then LV=$(xrandr|grep -i 'LVDS')
         OUTPUT=$(echo $LV | sed 's/ connected.*//')
    fi
    
    if [ $INPUTDEV = auto ];
    then EG=$(xinput list|grep -E 'eGalax|MultiTouch')
         INPUTDEV=$(echo $EG | grep -o 'id=[^ ]*' | sed 's/id=//')
    fi
    
    ORIGROTATION="$ROTATION"
    
    case $ROTATION in
        toleft|toright|topdown|current)
           XR=$(xrandr)
           if echo $XR | grep -q "$OUTPUT connected [^ ]* left";
           then
               case $ROTATION in
                    toleft) ROTATION=inverted ;; 
                    toright) ROTATION=normal ;; 
                    topdown) ROTATION=right ;; 
    		current) ROTATION=left ;;
               esac
           elif echo $XR | grep -q "$OUTPUT connected [^ ]* right";
           then
               case $ROTATION in
                    toleft) ROTATION=normal ;; 
                    toright) ROTATION=inverted ;; 
                    topdown) ROTATION=left ;; 
    		current) ROTATION=right ;;
               esac
           elif echo $XR | grep -q "$OUTPUT connected [^ ]* inverted";
           then
               case $ROTATION in
                    toleft) ROTATION=right ;; 
                    toright) ROTATION=left ;; 
                    topdown) ROTATION=normal ;; 
    		current) ROTATION=inverted ;;
               esac
           else
               case $ROTATION in
                    toleft) ROTATION=left ;; 
                    toright) ROTATION=right ;; 
                    topdown) ROTATION=inverted ;; 
    		current) ROTATION=normal ;;
               esac
           fi
    esac
    
    case $ROTATION in
        normal) xinput set-float-prop $INPUTDEV "Coordinate Transformation Matrix"  1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1;;
        left) xinput set-float-prop $INPUTDEV "Coordinate Transformation Matrix"  0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1;;
        right) xinput set-float-prop $INPUTDEV "Coordinate Transformation Matrix"  0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1;;
        inverted) xinput set-float-prop $INPUTDEV "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" -1 0 1 0 -1 1 0 0 1;;
        *) echo "Unknown option"; exit 1;;
    esac
    
    if [ $ORIGROTATION != current ];
    then
           xrandr --output $OUTPUT --rotate $ROTATION
    fi
    Multitouch (dualtouch in fact) seems to be working as mtview records two simultaneous touches. Nonetheless, when touching a part of the desktop with a finger and adding a close other finger, the touch screen stops responding, and
    Code:
    eGalax Inc. USB TouchController: reallocated 4 touches
    is printed in the Xorg.0.log . Any idea of what might be causing that?
    Last edited by Kerilk; October 22nd, 2011 at 01:46 AM.

  6. #1016
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    France
    Beans
    3
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    Hello everybody

    I've used my T101 for about 16 months and through all Ubuntu versions from 10.04 to present. Update to Oneiric was yesterday, and everything seems fine but one (quite big) snag: my computer won't go to sleep or hibernate anymore!

    When I try to suspend or hibernate, network shuts, then restart, and nothin else happens, either in plugged or battery mode. I've looked on Oneiric bug list, but couldn't find anything related to this precise problem except for one message above this one.

    Any idea about what I should do to get back the sleep & hibernate functions all right ?

  7. #1017
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    38

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    Quote Originally Posted by OlivierK View Post
    Hello everybody

    I've used my T101 for about 16 months and through all Ubuntu versions from 10.04 to present. Update to Oneiric was yesterday, and everything seems fine but one (quite big) snag: my computer won't go to sleep or hibernate anymore!

    When I try to suspend or hibernate, network shuts, then restart, and nothin else happens, either in plugged or battery mode. I've looked on Oneiric bug list, but couldn't find anything related to this precise problem except for one message above this one.

    Any idea about what I should do to get back the sleep & hibernate functions all right ?
    As I posted above, everything but the at-spi daemon (affects florence virtual keyboard auto hide functionality) and hibernate and suspend works as it should. I was doing quite a lot of surfing and I found bug reports for at-spi daemon (bug 810721) and for suspend and hibernate problems (bug 854624, there are different reports for this bug, from not suspending to suspending when it shouldn't, so I don't know if it is the right one), and they all say that it is fixed, but it still does not work for me. I will probably wait for a while and if no solution is present I will revert to Natty.

  8. #1018
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,014
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartius View Post
    As I posted above, everything but the at-spi daemon (affects florence virtual keyboard auto hide functionality) and hibernate and suspend works as it should. I was doing quite a lot of surfing and I found bug reports for at-spi daemon (bug 810721) and for suspend and hibernate problems (bug 854624, there are different reports for this bug, from not suspending to suspending when it shouldn't, so I don't know if it is the right one), and they all say that it is fixed, but it still does not work for me. I will probably wait for a while and if no solution is present I will revert to Natty.
    Suspend works for me in both a clean ubuntu 11.10 and a xubuntu 11.10 upgraded from 11.04. I rarely hibernate and don't know if it works.

    Have you tried a fresh ubuntu install instead of upgrading? Sometimes it helps.

  9. #1019
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    38

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    Suspend works for me in both a clean ubuntu 11.10 and a xubuntu 11.10 upgraded from 11.04. I rarely hibernate and don't know if it works.

    Have you tried a fresh ubuntu install instead of upgrading? Sometimes it helps.
    Not yet, I was hoping to avoid fresh install but will probably try it today. If it doesn't work I will probably revert back to Natty.

  10. #1020
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    38

    Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

    Just did a fresh install and suspend works while hibernate doesn't (I will have to check if everything is OK with swap). The at-spi daemon still doesn't work, but now also the rotate does not work for me in particular, when I press the rotate button, the acpi_listen does not report anything. When I press the shutdown button acpi_listen registers that. Does anybody know if I have to install some packages from plippos repository and where to get them for 11.10 or the source to compile them. Thanks.

Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •