Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My mouse and keyboard are not working(in Ubuntu 10.04)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: My mouse and keyboard are not working(in Ubuntu 10.04)

Hi to all,
    After long search from Ubuntu10.04 released, now only I got this thread.
    I checked Live CD Ubuntu 10.04 with APIC disabled. It works... But, I have not verified number of cores are in active.

But, I tried "noapic" with Ubuntu9.10 installed on my PC (Just to try before installing Ubuntu10.04). I am getting error message that no such command found. Whether, I am missing something? I am just Ubuntu user and not programmer / coder. Kindly explain me in detail....

Today evening I will check the no of cores in active. If no problem I will go ahead for installation with wubi.....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi,
    I checked live Ubuntu 10.04 boot with noapic and found only one core was detected.
    Then, I tried with "noapic pci=assign-buses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard" as suggested by jfs3b4stian and found both cores were seen in gnome moniter. Thanks to jfs3b4stian.....
    Can some one help me how to pass this command while installing with wubi..
    With advanced thanks,
    prabth
    Last edited by prabath_fun; September 7th, 2010 at 05:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

bump...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi, I tried by installing Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 beta with "noapic pci=assign-buses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard" command. No improvement. Only live CD works with it.
    So, looks like Ubuntu 10.10 also may have same problem.
    Kindly some one help...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Anybody have some update on this. Kindly guide me how to get LTS release to work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by prabath_fun View Post
    I tried with "noapic pci=assign-buses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard" as suggested by jfs3b4stian and found both cores were seen in gnome moniter. Thanks to jfs3b4stian.....
    This worked for me also. P4 HT, both cores visible in System Monitor, but I had to attach the HDD to another box and edit /boot/grub/grub.cfg as the install went fine, it wasn't until I restarted that the problem showed up at the login screen where neither the keyboard and mouse worked.

My problem now is that the first thing that happened was that Ubuntu installed about 300 updates, including a new kernel and removed those options from grub.cfg - even from the entries for the old kernel.

This is not much use if it happens everytime the kernel gets updated. Is there any way to make these additional options permanent so they are retained across a kernel update?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345