Thread: k9copy - stuttering playback!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 5.10

k9copy - stuttering playback! can anyone help???

Hoping someone can help. I am using k9copy to rip and burn some of my DVD's.

I get no errors while ripping and burning and everything seems fine. But the resultant iso file when you play it back jumps or stutters every 5 seconds or so.

Is there something I need to do with the settings or is it a pc problem. I have an Acer Aspire 7730 with bags of memory.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew
    Last edited by ajpearson; December 22nd, 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Beans

Re: k9copy - stuttering playback!

I'm trying to remember but I thought I had a stuttering problem but I believe it was an audio problem. In VLC I had to Set the Output module in the Audio to ALSA from Pulse with the show settings on all.

Try using a different player like VLC, mplayer to see if its all or just related to the player you are using.

Are you playing the actual ISO file in a computer video player?
    Or are you saying the burned ISO file skips in a standalone player?
    Use K9copy to create the ISO.
    Use VLC to play the ISO to see it before you burn it.
    I would use K3b to burn the disc, Verbatium , of course.
    Sometimes the disc playback in Linux can be jumpy, try a stand alone player or Windows computer to watch the disc you created.
    Last edited by ghostborg; January 6th, 2010 at 05:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am comfused. Are you copying video or audio? Audio CDs should contain CDDA (Compact Disk Digital Audio) files rather than an iso. I haven't tried burning an audio DVD, so I am not sure what you are copying.

Anyhow, your burn speed may be the problem. Whenever burning a DVD (or CD), always use the slowest setting the burning app will allow. You will end up with many frisbees burning at the fastest speed.
    Last edited by fancypiper; January 6th, 2010 at 05:49 AM.
    "Not a window in the house but somehow there's more light..."

Linux Power Tools

Beans

I have exactly the same problem, and I didn't solve it despite many tests changing all possible parameters and many googling...!

I have Ubuntu 12.04, 2Mb ram and dual core CPU. If I play with Totem or VLC I see the stuttering, audio seems to be in syncro. Stuttering persists if I play externally with stand alone players.

Still searching for a solution... any suggestions that you think may be useful to solve this is appreciated.

Greg Ruo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.