Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 & Windows 7 Multiboot - Two HDD's

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs down Re: Ubuntu 10.04 & Windows 7 Multiboot - Two HDD's

Let me know if you would like me to post option 2.

Heading off to bowling with my office colleagues. I will check back later.

Good luck.

-Spydey

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 & Windows 7 Multiboot - Two HDD's

post option 2 if you like, but I don't see any other option anymore than to reinstall Windows and stick to it... I'm close to believing that this hassle isn't worth it...

Or I could install Ubuntu thru Wubi... though that would be the option with the most "suckage"...

15 years i'm working with computers now and I feel like a goddamn newbie... I hate this crap...

Beans

Alright, I've installed Windows to the 500GB Drive again (yes, a complete re-install) and installed Ubuntu to the 250GB Drive, telling it to also put GRUB on the same drive as Ubuntu.

I've tried to add Ubuntu to the Windows 7 Bootloader by using EasyBCD, but I've done something wrong as it seems because it stil isn't working.
    Now it's the other way around, Windows is working, but Ubuntu isn't...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Arrow Re: Ubuntu 10.04 & Windows 7 Multiboot - Two HDD's

Sorry about the delay in responding. I went bowling with my office co-workers and then after that I headed off to do some weekend camping and hiking. Just got back into the office this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadephyre View Post
    Alright, I've installed Windows to the 500GB Drive again (yes, a complete re-install) and installed Ubuntu to the 250GB Drive, telling it to also put GRUB on the same drive as Ubuntu.

I've tried to add Ubuntu to the Windows 7 Bootloader by using EasyBCD, but I've done something wrong as it seems because it stil isn't working.
    Now it's the other way around, Windows is working, but Ubuntu isn't...
    So it sounds like it isn't playing nice with EasyBCD. Sorry to hear that.
    My recommendation would be that you install windows on one drive, with no other drives attached, then install ubuntu with no other drives attached. Then connect all drives and during your POST hit your boot selection key. Mine is F8, some people's is F12. Yours may be different.

You will have to do this every time if you don't want to boot into the default boot drive/OS.

Another thing you could do is use the Chameleon Bootloader. It is pretty sweet!! Google it and if you need some help, let me know.

-Spydey

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

IF you have grub2 installed on the MBR of a second drive it can be set to boot first in BIOS. You leave the windows boot loader in the MBR of the first drive and can go back to it at any time.

Grub2 will find your windows install and give you a choice to boot either windows or grub.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123