Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WG311v3 not connecting 10.04 x86_64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

WG311v3 not connecting 10.04 x86_64

I made the switch to 10.04 today, fresh install from the alt cd.

I'm using ndiswrapper, I Guess I'm using version 1.55, with utils vesrion 1.9

Code:
    utils version: '1.9', utils version needed by module: '1.9'
    module details:
    filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/ubuntu/ndiswrapper/ndiswrapper.ko
    version:        1.55
    vermagic:       2.6.32-21-generic SMP mod_unload modversions
    In 9.10 I've used the driver from this thread, specifically this post, it worked with wep and wpa-psk.

I just installed ndiswrapper and am using the above driver, I can see networks but can't connect to my network open, wep or wpa.

Any one have any ideas or know of another driver that works?
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

Beans

Re: WG311v3 not connecting 10.04 x86_64

hmmmm I can't even see any wireless networks.
    I am also using the latest ndiswrapper packages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Bump. Same issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Did this work in 32bit? I remember having this device in 2007. I tryed 64bit and it did not work so i was forced to use 32bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

As an update with some finagaling, trying different drivers

I finally got it working with the original driver I mentioned in my op. I always have to reboot after installing the driver to get the changes to take affect.

I also seem to get inconsistent results, If I boot up one time I might not see networks, reboot can see networks but can't connect, reboot it's fine, reboot again can no longer connect... etc...
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jerome1232 View Post
    As an update with some finagaling, trying different drivers

I finally got it working with the original driver I mentioned in my op. I always have to reboot after installing the driver to get the changes to take affect.

I also seem to get inconsistent results, If I boot up one time I might not see networks, reboot can see networks but can't connect, reboot it's fine, reboot again can no longer connect... etc...
    same here...however the good news is the netgear finally release windows 7 64bit driver

maybe someone can look into it and get the inf file to work with ndiswrapper

Beans

I've got a similar issue. Except I can't get past ndiswrapper inserting the driver into the shell. I've followed the steps from the ubuntu documentation guide as well as the posts at the top of this thread. After installing drivers, iwconfig reports no wireless extensions at eth0 and lo.

Any tips? cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Under 32 bit inserting the module works fine, under 64 bit, I have to put 'ndiswrapper' in /etc/modules and restart, and cross my fingers that it works.

I did try netgears newest win7 driver but it seems to be 32 bit and I couldn't find anything about a 64 bit driver like one of the posts mentioned? Does anyone have more info about that.

I actually just gave it up and bought a F5D9050v3. It's a usb adapter by belkin, works out of the box no headaches. But I do still have the netgear lying around unreturned as of yet so if there's some better success with getting it to work (I'm not switching to 32 bit for wifi) more info is great.

Beans

Thanks for the reply. That would make sense then, as I tried to install it under win7 pro (x64) too and the driver wasn't working (thought windows reported it was an error with the bios). I'll try hiding ndiswrapper elsewhere, otherwise going to have to bite the bullet and actually pay for something for once.
    Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi there,

Try this thread, it's for the WPN111 but i heard that it COULD be helping for other Netgear adapters. Or You just use it for inspiration to find a solution.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1477931

Cheers,
    kachkeis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast