Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrong background color for google desktop tray icon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Wrong background color for google desktop tray icon

After installing Ubuntu 10.04 the background of the google desktop tray icon does not match the color of the upper panel. It seems not all themes have this problem. Ambiance, dust, radiance and New wave do, but the other standard themes don't.

I guess one picture says more than a thousand words so:

Any idea how to solve this?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Wrong background color for google desktop tray icon

Same problem here with OOo quicklauncher icon and Beagle icon as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Ditto, but with the terminal and drapes icons. In addition there seems to be a ghost menu attached to my panel. Anyone know how to remove this? It was there also before I upgraded.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by miceagol View Post
    Ditto, but with the terminal and drapes icons. In addition there seems to be a ghost menu attached to my panel. Anyone know how to remove this? It was there also before I upgraded.

It looks like you are running global menu bar. That's the "ghost menu" (bookmarks, tools, help). You can move it over (right click, select move) to use it, or you can remove it (right click, select remove from panel).

As for the wrong color behind the icons, I have the same problem with the Google Desktop icon. I my guess is that the icon doesn't have a transparent background, but I can't find the right icon to change.
    I tried changing both the /opt/google/desktop/resources/gdl_small.png and the /opt/google/desktop/resources/gdl_large.png both of which are Google Desktop icons, but that only changed the icons in the application menu.

If anyone knows where the Google Desktop icon that is displayed in the tray is stored, please let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Same problem here with more applications and ambiance and radiance.
    Clean install with /home partition from karmic. Tried removing ~/.gconf/apps/panel and restarting panel but it didn't help. New created users have the same problem. Both themes do not look good if size is changed above 24 pixels because of this color gradient.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by CalebWishart View Post

As for the wrong color behind the icons, I have the same problem with the Google Desktop icon. I my guess is that the icon doesn't have a transparent background, but I can't find the right icon to change.
    I don't think transparency is the problem as it works fine in some themes (e.g. "High Contrast Inverse"). It looks more like the wrong background color is chosen: the sand color of the letters and other icons instead of the greyish brown of the bar.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have the same problem with 10.04. My problem is with VLC and CheckGMail. Still no solution ? With Karmic everything was ok.

Beans

I have this problem with a few of the themes off gnome-look

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Any solutions ? Is there a launchpad report about the problem ? Hope the fix is coming ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Arrow Re: Wrong background color for google desktop tray icon

I'm having the same problems with aMSN and VLC in the systray using 10.04. I've never experienced this issue before 9.10, 9.04 or even 8.10. It looks like a bug in the latest version of Gnome....

I really hope someone fixes this in an update, because it's a real eyesore to look at.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast