Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESD and Wine (spotify)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation ESD and Wine (spotify)

Dear all,

I upgraded to Lucid before the release (RC 64-bit, fresh install) and noticed that ESD for Wine was gone (opening winecfg-->Sound). After the release I did another fresh install and still have this issue.

I also did the same procedure on my Eeepc with both RC and LTS (32-bit) and there the ESD is present and working. Has anyone else experienced this?

For my 64-bit machine I have Alsa, OSS, Jack and NAS?? Sound works if I use pasuspender

Beans

Re: ESD and Wine (spotify)

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bits), Wine and Spotify. ESD is gone. I have installed Esound, but ESD doesn't appear in the Wine conf menu and I can't hear any sound or music.

Regards

Beans

I had the same problem. But it appears to be working anyways;

winecfg -> audio:
    use OSS driver
    Hardware acceleration: Emulated

in spotify, let the hardware acceleration be on

at least this is whats working for me;
    running Kubuntu 10.04 x64 with the latest version of the standard wine in the standard repo, and the latest spotify client.

GL!

Beans

on a related subject, Im having a problem with my screen going black when loading any wine application (even winecfg). the screen goes back to normal after 3-5 seconds, it appears to be right after the program has loaded completly.

what might be causing this? why? and most importantly, can I fix it?

and as I said earlier, currently running kubuntu 10.04 x64

Beans

thanks C3l, but this doesn't work for me

Beans

hmm, well it did work.. until reboot. weird. and I cant get it working now.. I guess something got messed up in the right way when I was testing around yesterday

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No luck with OSS for me either.

Beans

I had the same problem after upgrading to Ubuntu 10.4. The problem is sort of solved by upgrading to the latest Spotify client but sound quality is poor and graphic performance is awful when Spotify is open on the desktop. Seems to be ok when it is just running in the notification area. Anyone else had this experience?

Beans

Just use the ALSA output. Route ALSA apps to use pulseaudio like so: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1455816

EDIT: You might also try this updated version of WINE with native pulseaudio output: https://launchpad.net/~vivnet/+archive/vivnet-wine
    Last edited by Yellow Pasque; May 3rd, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Beans

Thanks! Your first link seems to have sorted it for me. It didn't work immediately upon reboot although I noticed that my graphics were fine but still no sound. I then changed the settings in Wine ->Configure Wine -> Audio to "Alsa" and Hardware Acceleration to "Emulation" per an earlier post. I now have sound! Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast