Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu ATI Radeon X300

Beans

Re: Ubuntu ATI Radeon X300

Quote Originally Posted by shah_vm View Post
    i feel like to rollback to previous version of ubuntu. until i get some help.
    i solved the issue. problem is when external display is connected thru vga then i m unable to select extra or normal option under appearance. i removed external monitor connection and restart ubuntu and everything is working.

Beans

mind passing your xorg.conf file along? i've lost X with my lucid upgrade and have the latest drivers installed to. will switch to an nvidia card if i can't get this working. i always had to monkey with ATI cards and will never buy them again.

Beans

nevermind. looks like i rebooted with no display attached. still only getting 720p but that's a different problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

My uncle recently auto upgraded his machine with an X300 to Lucid and experienced some strange artifacts. His effects set to Normal were previously working in Karmic but when the upgrade to Lucid was done he had no more context menus (a right click menus!) There was a shadow outline of where the menu should have been but no menu. I walked him through enabling remote desktop and took a look for myself. Disabling all visual effects remedied the problem. Man I dislike ATI products...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sylvester_0 View Post
    My uncle recently auto upgraded his machine with an X300 to Lucid and experienced some strange artifacts.
    I also reported some graphical artifacts, for example the boot screen shows green "rays" all around the Ubuntu logo.

His effects set to Normal were previously working in Karmic but when the upgrade to Lucid was done he had no more context menus (a right click menus!) There was a shadow outline of where the menu should have been but no menu. I walked him through enabling remote desktop and took a look for myself. Disabling all visual effects remedied the problem. Man I dislike ATI products...
    About the right click menus, I see exactly the same effect but only on the Thunderbird3 menus.
    That's ugly!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have to report exactly the same activity as 'savebart'.
    My Ubuntu boot up logo has a green aura around it and the thunderbird3 is unusable with any visual effects enabled.
    I'm would consider a roll back to Karmic, but that isn't really solving the problem - I don't wish to dwell on the Koala for an eternity .

I tried downloading the driver from ATI's website but I get an error when trying to install it:

"Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version default:v2:i686:lib::none:2.6.32-22-generic; make sure that the version is being correctly set by --iscurrentdistro"

Beans

Have you found some solution, Patrickcage?
    I am still looking for some help... and problem with video still is there!

Beans
    Distro

@savebart
    No, I'm afraid I am no further on either. Still have the same problems - the Koala is looking ever more enticing!

If I come across a solution I will post it here.

Beans
    Distro

I have 2x radeon x300se in my computer. both are pci-e. They won't work for some reason. they are known working cards, and when linux starts up, the ubuntu loading screen shows up on them, so i know that ubuntu is able to do something with them. I get the same error as patrickcage, but have no idea what it means or how to fix it. I'm going to go down to 9.10 and see how that works for me. Any help would really be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Ubuntu User #20718 Linux User #433591
    MSI 790FX-GD70, AthlonII x2, 8gb G.Skill ram, 3 nVidia 240s. wtb athlon2 x6...

Beans

I upgraded from Karmic to Lucid on my system with an X300. Display worked OK, but I can't use 1920x1200 on both monitors. I'm stuck at 1920x1200 on one, 1600x1200 on the other.

It also reverts to NONE on visual effects whenever I try to change the setting. It says it looks for a driver, asks me to confirm the change, but when I check the setting, it reverts to NONE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast