Thread: Lucid + Compiz + External Monitor = Fail.

Beans

Lucid + Compiz + External Monitor = Fail.

I have always had issues with Compiz + Karmic, so I was not surprised when I ran into problems on Lucid.

I have an EEE pc with Intel GMA950 integrated graphics. Output to the internal screen, compiz works fine. Using xrandr to change my resolution results in compiz crashing. Yet there's no record in any logs of this crash. Theres a bunch of "composite sync not supported" in dmesg, but googling that message didn't lead to anything helpful.

Anyone else having issues with Compiz + Lucid??

Beans

Re: Lucid + Compiz + External Monitor = Fail.

Bump. I'm having similar issues with my Inspiron 6000. I used xrand to install a new resolution for my external monitor and compiz isn't working.
    Dell Inspiron 6000| 1.86 GHz| 2 gigs RAM| 60 gig HDD| 128mb ATI x300

Beans

another bump, same EXACT issue and for someone who regularely uses ext monitors, this is quite frustrating. please if anyone can help please post.

Beans

I have pretty much just given up on the prospects of having a working version of Ubuntu. I need to go back to 9.04, where everything worked perfectly fine.

It seems just running 'xrandr' with an external monitor attached and the internal laptop screen disabled will enable both screens. Running 'totem' and 'wine' produce the same results.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

BUMP Same issue.
    Intel Core 2 Dou | 3GB Ram | 320GB HDD | Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M
    ASUS EEE 1000HA | Atom 1.6 GHz | 2GB Ram | 250 GB HDD | Intel GMA 950
    Please: Don't Forget To Mark Your Threads As Solved