Thread: looking to buy new laptop

Beans

looking to buy new laptop

I'm not sure if this is right place to post this but it is a tips section. Right now i am on an ibm a31 thinkpad but im going to sell it to a friend who doesnt have alot of money and wants a computer im selling it for 300$ and looking to replace it with a nice laptop around 600-700 dollar range used on ebay. I was wondering if some people in the linux would could throw me a few hints on what laptop to buy thanks alot!

Beans

Re: looking to buy new laptop

If 3D accelleration for gaming is not important to you, we have a 15.4" widescreen Asus A6U notebook that has been used lightly for the past 6 months that we are going to sell. It still has 6 months of full Asus warrantly left and extended warranties are available. We experimented with it but found the MSI notebooks to be a little better and that is what we are currently selling.

We could sell you just the barebones (no cpu, hard drive, memory, or wifi) or a complete system for about $700 with 512MB ram, 40GB hard drive, and a 1.8Ghz AMD 25W 64-bit cpu. Of course you could specify any other parts you want instead.

This would include Dapper 6.06 Beta pre-installed and 1 hour of our expert Linux support, but some features including the camera, card reader, modem, and 3D accelleration would not be supported for this demo model. Here are some more specs on the A6U:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.asp...97&modelmenu=1

We'll probably be putting it on ebay or the clearance section of our site in a few weeks. If you have more questions give us a call at 1-888-323-1742.