Thread: Open Source Art Forum

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Open Source Art Forum

I finally took time off work and school to get a Web site together for artists using FOSS. I'm still compiling info for new users, programs tutorials, etc... but the forums are mostly ready - though empty.

If you get a chance, please take a look at the website and let me know what you think is needed. It's a lot of work, and I'm a busy guy, but I'm going to do my best to keep this site up to date with all things artistic and open source - and yes that will mean tutorials for getting Adobe on Linux, just as it will mean using FOSS on Windows/Mac OS X.

http://whitetreeevolution.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Open Source Art Forum

looks like a nice clean site.
    well set out , with information available for installing in Linux.

yes i'm a nood

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nice site but the challenge is to get people to go there...we already have forums for GIMP, inkscape so you really need some unique stuff to get people to yoursite.

Hello,

Nice looking forum. Very clean theme. I do think you are going to need a USP to get people to use it, but I have no doubt one will exist

Oh, minor thing - The feedback button the right hand side is incorrectly linked. The popup window is displaying a 404 error.

-Silver Fox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Nice blog, one day I be a Geek when I grow up.The blog nut here reply indirectly, I just wanted to compliment you on your blog and it's nice template style.
    SILVER FOX
    Last edited by nfsgamer; May 3rd, 2010 at 11:28 PM.