Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum closing 29-April-2010

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Forum closing 29-April-2010

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    I felt that this cycle was exemplary!
    I couldn't agree more! I switched back in January and haven't run into ONE serious breakage
    I'll see y'all in the MM board - this time I'll be along for the full ride (for the first time having previously started testing on my main intall with the early alphas).
    My machines:
    iMac 24" (8,1): Ubuntu 11.04 | Lenovo S12: Ubuntu 11.04

FSF Associate member #7570 | twitter

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Yeah, feels like a real production, hasn't it? I came to Lucid because my new Arrandale-based Dell laptop wasn't properly supported by Jaunty, and booted to a black screen of death in Karmic. Hopefully the Meerkat (or a Lucid backports module, hopefully) will finally enable suspend and hibernate, as well as sound on dad's AspireRevo.
    Custom PC- Athlon II, GeForce 210, Kubuntu Ocelot
    Dell Inspiron 1564, i3 Arrandale, Lubuntu Lucid
    Winbook M Series, Kubuntu Ocelot

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Will there be a final zsync file like there was for the RC, so we don't have to download the entire final ISO and just sync the last live-daily?
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    Will there be a final zsync file like there was for the RC, so we don't have to download the entire final ISO and just sync the last live-daily?
    zsync will download the latest daily if you have set it to download. So your answer is yes if you have configured correctly. But the best way is just to install RC and just update the system.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by LKjell View Post
    zsync will download the latest daily if you have set it to download. So your answer is yes if you have configured correctly. But the best way is just to install RC and just update the system.
    That didn't answer my question. You know for a fact there will be a zsync for the final, or are you just guessing.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    That didn't answer my question. You know for a fact there will be a zsync for the final, or are you just guessing.
    You can download all version and flavours of ubuntu with dl-ubuntu-test-iso script.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

There is a zsync file for official releases. I use a command something like this:

Code:
    zsync -i lucid-desktop-i386.iso http://www.your.local.mirror/path/to/ubuntu/release-name.iso.zsync
    That command leaves the original .iso untouched. At this stage, it's looking like running that command will simply result in two identical iso files with different names. That's what happened to me last release.
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Forum closing 29-April-2010

Quote Originally Posted by andrewabc View Post
    Yes. It will be moved here
    Thank you.

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans
    Distro

Post Re: Forum closing 29-April-2010

I'll be ready for the 'kat forum to be up'n'running---See everyone there!!!!!!
    "Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favourite lines from AVATAR
    Linux User#395230
    Ubuntu User# 13498

Beans
    Hidden!

Bring on the Maverick Meerkat forum sorry im excited lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast