Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.4 upgrade, Xorg, cpu, fans gone nuts

Beans

Re: 10.4 upgrade, Xorg, cpu, fans gone nuts

Not helping :S I allowed my backports and i still was updated to the max even after package re-check yet after 15 minutes of using my computer it started to "raise the bar" again :S As i read further it is either the driver leaking like hell or the Xorg server itself which ain't cool at all. Is there some way to downgrade my ATi driver version (i suppose open source driver since i've never been asked for proprietary) to the one used in Ubuntu 9.10 so i can check that out and pinpoint the problem. Yes i did not had this problem on any older version of Ubuntu yet i love the look & feel in the new ubuntu and i really want to use it but i can't HELP !!!

Beans

bump

Beans

workaround, anyone?

Beans

Same issues, i run pandora on either firefox or chrome and my XORG goes crazy, top gives anywhere between 25 to 60 % and on an average its about 7% with absolutely nothing running. Please help.

Beans

I have the identical problem.

I have an ATI card, a new 10.04 install, and an old-ish 1.84GHz CPU.

System runs OK after boot, but Xorg eventually begins to consume all of the CPU, and everything gets very sluggish.

Even when using Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to a console login, Xorg continues to eat CPU, and logging in takes tens of seconds.

This is awful.

Beans

Exactly the same here, Xorg takes all the CPU. I think it didn't happen before one of the latest 10.4. updates (not sure).

I run it as virtual machine in VMware, but nevertheless it's exactly the same issue as described above. Not really usable. On my other three Ubuntu machines, I don't have this problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12