Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help

Beans

Re: Please help

Jeeze this is so very fustrating I've tried everything. I don't want to keep it dual booted cause that'll take up alot of memory. :// If anyone has any more suggestions i'll try anything. Also if anyone knows a direct download where it'll directly download on to my computer that would be awesome (I know it doesn't exist i'm just grasping at straws)

Beans

No i can get into the BIOS i'm in it right now. yes it is a desktop. But i'm just not seeing where it would say that i can only have XP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Which program did you use to burn the .iso?

Beans

my friend burned it using brasero

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

So if you can now get into the BIOS and you are sure that the PC is booting from the CD/DVD drive try any other disk that you know it will boot from. If it boots then you know its a problem with your Ubuntu CD. If it does not boot, then you may have some issue with your CD/DVD drive.

If you don't have another boot CD/DVD, try to download another distro like KOPPIX www.koppix.net or something like the ultimate boot cd - http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html.

Again, make sure you burn as ISO image and not just copy the ISO image to the CD and then burn the file.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12