Page 2 of 169 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Release Waiting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Release Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by EMCGFX View Post
    Yep already done that I will do clean install to. In fact I always do clean install upon final release
    I'm using Jaunty, and i've read that many people are having video problems when upgrading to Karmic, so i'll just wipe everything and install the RC,and then upgrade to the release version as soon as it's out. Tomorrow, that is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeguberte View Post
    I'm using Jaunty, and i've read that many people are having video problems when upgrading to Karmic, so i'll just wipe everything and install the RC,and then upgrade to the release version as soon as it's out. Tomorrow, that is.
    Yes this is true. Since I've upgraded from version 9.10 to 10.04 RC, I have issues with my video. So I'm hoping upon final release, clean install this will fix my bugs. Crossing my fingers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by EMCGFX View Post
    Yes this is true. Since I've upgraded from version 9.10 to 10.04 RC, I have issues with my video. So I'm hoping upon final release, clean install this will fix my bugs. Crossing my fingers
    I'll risk a RC install...if anything goes wrong, i'll install Jaunty again and wait.
    --edit--
    By the way, this is the first time i'll install a new version while i'm using Ubuntu. I used it for the first time on 8.04, but i wasn't a regular user because i needed Windows to do work stuff. Flash, Photoshop, etc...i tried using those on Wine,but the performance wasn't good enough. Now i'm into another career path (programming), and i don't need Windows anymore, so i'm all Ubuntu now, and for the first time i'll get a new version while it's still fresh.
    Last edited by jorgeguberte; April 28th, 2010 at 04:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you have multiple computers, then running ubuntu and windows in parallel not a problem ;-D I use some of the programs on windows too, but not as much anymore. Programming is good. I'm leanring PHP5 and MySQL5 my self right now I suggest you wait till final release instead of upgrading to RC. Unless you want to upgrade to report bugs like me
    Last edited by EMCGFX; April 28th, 2010 at 05:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I just hope that Canonical smartened up and fixed the Radeon 5xxx issue and the DNS issue.

It is past midnight now.....when is the new release?

EDIT: oops I thought that it said the 28th....
    CANONICAL GET OFF YOUR REARS AND FIX THE DNS ISSUE.

Beans

You can get it now. Iso are usually done a day or 2 before release day. If there is a change just do a zsync.
    OB-untu. #!crunchbang

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by xebian View Post
    You can get it now. Iso are usually done a day or 2 before release day. If there is a change just do a zsync.
    What ? What you talking about, its not even in ftp pool yet. RC and updates is not the same as clean install from final iso.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@xebian, Actually you are right final iso releases are here for testing. I missed this post > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1464072 which had link to site http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/ But I think they will be re-created on the release date.

Beans

I have 9.1 installed along side Windows. Not sure if I'll do an update or clean. The thing is I don't know how to do a clean install. For me the update may be fine as I haven't really messed with 9.1 much. If I do clean I've got to redue my network etc but I'd like to know how in case. can you help?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@Silvertones, Here read this should help, http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Lucid

Page 2 of 169 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast